Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BMWNA PreSale Order Program Open

Washington Crossing, Pa. Along the Delaware River
    I placed a preorder (Jan 31)at Montgomerville Cycle Center here in Pa. Just got off the phone with the owner, he was at the BMW motorcycle meeting in Las Vegas last week. He told me not to expect delivery intill late summer. More orders where placed then expected. Still have my RS Was hoping to have K1600GTL to take to the BMW Rally, doesn't look like its going to happen now. Maybe they will have all the recalls fixed by then.

2011 BMW K1600 GT Pricing!

I received a call today from my dealer Cross Country BMW in NJ and was told that the GT would be price at $24,595.00. They were not sure if the destination charge of $499.00 would be included or waved. They also mentioned that the GT model would come "GPS ready", meaning you will still have to purchase the Garmin GPS unit (approx $660) separately. The top cast is also an additional cost of about $900.00. I forgot to mentioned you still have to pay the appropriate state sales taxes.

The finally-official prices I've received are:

K 1600 GTL

Base price $23,200 + freight = $23,695

Premium package price $25,845 + freight = $26,340

K 1600 GT

Base price $20,900 + freight = $21,395

Standard package $23,045 + freight = $23,540

Premium package $24,540 + freight = $25,035
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    The finally-official prices I've received are:

K 1600 GTL

Base price $23,200 + freight = $23,695

Premium package price $25,845 + freight = $26,340

K 1600 GT

Base price $20,900 + freight = $21,395

Standard package $23,045 + freight = $23,540

Premium package $24,540 + freight = $25,035
    *With the premium package on the GTL model is the Garmin GPS included, because on the GT is not included. The fog-lights and Top-case truck do not come with GT, thats an additional cost.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejazz View Post
    *With the premium package on the GTL model is the Garmin GPS included, because on the GT is not included. The fog-lights and Top-case truck do not come with GT, thats an additional cost.
    The Nav IV GPS does not come with any of the bikes -- it is an MSRP $899 extra.
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA

Rather be flying, but....
    Well after a lot of thought I got in on the last day of the pre-orders today.

I have been considering a bike for more of a touring ride and protection than my '06 GS offers, but I just couldn't bring myself to a GTL.

A GT in red will be coming my way just about in time for my anticipated retirement. Told mid to late summer for delivery, but I really don't care. Being one of the last to pre-order puts me way at the end of the line.

After buying this, I'll probably have to keep on working and not have enough time to ride!

Maybe not.....

BTW - I'll be keeping the GS for more fun rides in the National forests around here.
    '04 R1200CLC
    '06 R1200GS

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopperGuy View Post
    Well after a lot of thought I got in on the last day of the pre-orders today.

I have been considering a bike for more of a touring ride and protection than my '06 GS offers, but I just couldn't bring myself to a GTL.

A GT in red will be coming my way just about in time for my anticipated retirement. Told mid to late summer for delivery, but I really don't care. Being one of the last to pre-order puts me way at the end of the line.

After buying this, I'll probably have to keep on working and not have enough time to ride!

Maybe not.....

BTW - I'll be keeping the GS for more fun rides in the National forests around here.
    Congratulations! Great retirement present. I bought myself my first new vehicle when I retired. I bought myself a loaded F-150. Like my truck, your bike will be the last one you will NEED but necessarily the last one you will have.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

ChooperGuy.. Congrats..

Won't you be the cats meow!? GS and new K1600Gt....

(NO, my face is not green with envy-sarcasm )

ENJOY!!!
    Phil W2GE
    2010 R1200RT 2011 Husqvarna TE310 'Woods-Weapon'
    New Sweden BMW Riders
    iPhone5-> Zumo 660->SENA SMH10, Nuvi 500,

K1600 GT Sweepstakes?

So, when are we going to see a K1600 GT sweepstakes drawing? Bet that will generate some serious interest!! How about a K1600 as a grand prize at the BMW MOA International Rally?