Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

radan2
    All the devils are here by Bethany McLean and Joe Nocera, about the Wall Street crash. It is a more complete account than some of the earlier books, and doesn't put all the blame on one or two actors or factors. The thesis is that there were a LOT of villains and no heroes.

The Ghost of Cannae: Hannibal and the darkest hour of the Roman republic, by Robert O'Connell, about the Punic Wars. Very interesting, lots of insight about the Romans and the Carthaginians.

Just finished reading Ian Tyson's memoirs -- The Long Trail.
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ÔÇ£If you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular!ÔÇØ http://www.yearroundriders.com

Yankee Air Pirate
    Today its "7 Deadly Scenarios: A Military Futurist Explores War int he 21st Century" by Andrew Krepinevich. http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Scenari.../dp/0553805398

tomshank
    Smooth Riding
    The Pridmore Way

Tom

Just finished re-reading Shogun, by James Clavell.

Smooth Riding, Sport Riding Techniques (Nick Ienatsch), and Total Control (Lee Parks) are all great reading.

This week I am catching up on my magazine reading.

Harvard Business Review has an article on Branding and Social Media.

Men's Journel is reviewing some nice gadgets I don't need.

In the Autumn Issue of The Quarterly Journel of Military History there a nice read about Lawrence of Arabia........Betrayed...........Why the Middle - East is such a mess. The same issue has another article about the Battle of Britain called Spitfire Summer. BTW I am very interested in the post war airfields that turned into race tracks.

I just completed a CME ( Continuing Medical Education ) course on Diagnosing and Managing Headaches...........36 pages of academia and now I have a headache.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

RIDERS
    Just finished reading "Rules of Betrayal" by Christopher Reich. That makes 40 for the year and I am retired. My wife works and usually reads over a hundred a year.

I’m about 1/3rd of the way through Room. It’s an interesting look at individual perspectives, but not for the faint of heart.

I just finished the first two volumes of Stieg Larsson's trilogy. The first two were very well written.

Anyone reading Unbroken?

Easy

Glad to see lots of book readers, I work at a book printer/binder.

finished - Traffic, Why we drive the way we do. Next time I see a "lane closed ahead" sign, I'm waiting till the last foot of clear pavement to merge.

working on - 13 Bankers, The Wall Street takeover and the next financial meltdown. By Simon Johnson and James Kwak. It don't look good......
    Ken E.
    2012 R1200RT
    '09 RT, '93 K75, '69 R60US and others long gone....

Just finished:
    How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming, Mike Brown
    The Confession, John Grisham

Now reading:
    Parallel Worlds, Michio Kaku
    Dead or Alive, Tom Clancy Grant Blackwood
    1983 R100RT hacked w/Cozy Rocket My blog
    2012 Ural Patrol
    Airhead #10576

advrider.com
    A bunch of different books here and there on machining, metallurgy, old motorcycles.

More text-books than novels.

I recently finished James Patterson's latest Alex Cross novel, Cross Fire - first book I've read on my e-reader BTW. I've started on a collection of short stories by John Connolly, Nocturnes, but they're VERY dark and I'm not really in the mood right now. Waiting for Christmas morning to see which new reads I get! I keep a running list of books that interest me on my desk, and my kids know that's the 'go to' spot if they need a gift idea. There's almost NOTHING I love more than books!

"Coming into the Country" by John McPhee.
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

I'm not a big reader of novels / books but I am just getting close to finishing Ghost Rider by Neil Peart.

It's an interesting journey, his trip, life and reading the book. I'm in the section now where he's basically reprinting/recounting second party letters he wrote to various friends during and after his trip. Some of it is tough to follow because it's hard to tell whether he's in the first person or second person.

Like a rough section in a washed out road though I'm determined to get through it!

Happy Holidays!

RobStar

criminaldesign
    Jane Eyre. Great story and not what I expected.

Also burned through Sh*t My Dad Says. Funny stuff to relate to. Extremely easy read, both Dad and I read it today.

Currently reading 101 Biggest Bastards and Gulag Archipelago - CREEPY!