Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tapatalk access

Thanks, Lynn.

When I launch Tapatalk, select "Explore," and enter "BMW MOA," I'm taken to a screen that says "BMW MOA" and displays the old BMW blue-and-green North America logo; it has spaces for username and password. I enter mine, but it doesn't let me in.

If I go to "History," there's an entry showing "BMW MOA guest." Below that is a tab for "Forums," which takes me to the forums as a guest. I can see things as a guest, but it's clumsy as there doesn't appear to be a "new posts" setting, and I can't post as I'm still not logged in.

Perhaps this is not yet a mature technology.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Once you get logged in, hit the upper left menu button, under this forum you will have an "unread" option. It will show you all posts you have not read. Since you are not logged in, it doesn't know which posts are read or not.
    Lynn
    2008 BMW R1200RT (most fun you can legally have)
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

Quote Originally Posted by lbarbee View Post
    Once you get logged in, hit the upper left menu button, under this forum you will have an "unread" option. It will show you all posts you have not read. Since you are not logged in, it doesn't know which posts are read or not.
    Makes perfect sense. But I can't log in to Tapatalk, so that option doesn't appear.

Whether I'm logged in to the Forum or the MOA website on my computer and iPhone or not, and whether I try as username my MOA and Forum login name or the name that appears in my Forum posts, Tapatalk continues to report "Login failed. You have entered an invalid username or password."

Your post in the other Tapatalk thread made me think to try powering down the phone and rebooting it. I did that. It still wouldn't let me in.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Do you have an advrider account. Try that just to convince yourself you are not crazy. I had the same behavior, kept poking at it and it started working. Frustrating I know. Wish I knew what I did to get it going. The 1.17 version was flawless. 2.0 just came out today.
    Lynn
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

I do have an advrider account, and Tapatalk works fine there. I see the "unread" tab. Just like it oughta be.

Maybe it'll work tomorrow.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

I contacted tapatalk. If you join their community forum and are willing to give them your login/password they will debug it for you. The responded to me in just a few hours.

It would be better if an admin gave them a test account.

Mine still working fine.
    Lynn
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

Thanks, Lynn. I joined, and sent them a message. I'll report back.

And I just wandered through the Tapatalk support forums, and found a number of others who are having the same problem and cannot access the BMW MOA forums.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

I posted in the Tapatalk support forum along with my BMWMOA login info, and was advised (by Tapatalk) to clear my iPhone's cache (I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I cleared my computer browser's cache instead...), and log in again. This time, the login to Tapatalk worked.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

That reminds me, when I was poking around I did find a clear cache button somewhere in tapatalk. That is probably what got me going as well.
    Lynn
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys