Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Rally Q&A

On the Road

Beer Tent

When I arrive early on Wednesday, where is the best spot to make camp on the site?..and yea, I think I could give some assistance in the beer tent...serving or drinking?... I'm doing a shift thursday morning 8 to 12...probably not in the beer tent....

Talking OK, I'm here..........

Quote Originally Posted by terryjj1 View Post
    When I arrive early on Wednesday, where is the best spot to make camp on the site?..
    OK, you realize that we are talking about a town of 10,000 that will appear on Monday - Wednesday, will be nearly completely occupied by Thursday evening, and will disappear by 6PM Sunday! Things are very fluid at National Rallies, so trying to say "where is the best spot to make camp?" is a bit difficult. There are maps on the rally web page and we should know where the rally spots will be located in a few months. If you arrive on Wednesday early, there should be a lot of space, but make sure you know what is planned for that area. Downwind from the Porta-Potties, near the Airhead tent, beside a beer truck with AC running, downstream from the Beer Tent, a dry creek bed, and areas with trees with nuts and pods that will drop on your tent, are ALL very bad camping locations at a rally. When you show up on Wed. AM,find a space and be ready to jump in and get that Rally put together--it should be a very busy day. You can work in the Beer Tent earlier in the evening, and then be a customer for the rest of the evening! Sleep? Who needs sleep?
    Onward, through the fog!

Quote Originally Posted by RevWillie View Post
    We have a spot for you working in the Beer Tent on Wednesday night if you are up to it!
    Sign me up, Rev! I'll be bringing a few friends, too.

It'll be good to see you again.
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

OK I want to register/pay to attend. This would be my first rally. Where is that registration site?

I would also like to sign up to volunteer. I cant seem to find that site either.

Can someone help? Please.

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    That is because they're not up yet. Stay tuned for details, including when you can pre-register. Then look at the Rally page for details on volunteering. Since this will be your first rally, you'll discover that you now belong to a "family" you didn't know you had. You'll find that a smile and a handshake go a long way, as does a a fun attitude. Along with the Good Reverend, I look forward to meeting up with you and any other fine folks that want to spend some time slingin' suds!
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

manicmechanic = Thanks. Will do.

First National Rally??

Make sure that you check into the MOA Ambassador area, they will have something special for you for attending!
    The Kiltmeister

Quote Originally Posted by dyurch View Post
    OK I want to register/pay to attend. This would be my first rally. Where is that registration site?

I would also like to sign up to volunteer. I cant seem to find that site either.

The Kiltmeister
    BMW MOA Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by dyurch View Post

Here is a list of committee chair/co-chairs. Find an area in which you are interested in volunteering and drop the chair a note. In my opinion, volunteering is a great way to meet folks and enhance your rally experience. Thanks for asking.
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally11/get_in...mmittee_chairs

Registration info will be in the Owners News and the website at a later date.

Mark
    Mark Austin
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Knights of the Roundel

On the Road

Still...

I think I should find a nice relatively quiet place to camp...does anyone have a list of camp sites in the bloomsburg area?

camping onsite at the rally kinda gives me pause...

thanks for your help..

tj

Imho

NOT camping at the National takes away a significant amount of the fun. I love to walk around in the evening and talk to people, catch up with friends, meet new ones, look at the bikes, listen to the music, have a beer... or three, and not have to worry about riding back to my hotel/motel/campground.

YMMV

sdc
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

al from chgo burbs lilredroadster's Avatar
    Not camping at the rally is like going to the circus and staying in the parking lot.
    If you set up your tent in the "quiet area" or as far from the beer tent and stage, you will be able to sleep at night. We are not like the Sturgis Hardly Davidson rally. At midnight you can hear snoring and it is reasonably quiet.
    Al From Chgo Burbs
    BETTERMENT THROUGH BADGERMENT

On the Road

On Site

Good to hear that everyone's down by midnight or so.....this is just my first rally...have no idea what to expect........I guess I'll find out soon..

tj

RK Ryder
    Earplugs are always good to wear at bedtime at the rally. Snoring or talkative neighbours have never been a problem for me.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Talking When do we stop?

Good to hear that everyone's down by midnight or so..

tj
    Not EVERYONE is down at midnight!

There are "noisy" zones and "sorta quiet" zones.. Walk around the site and check areas out. Talk to the people at the rally, and you will find a place for you.
    Onward, through the fog!

Good to hear that everyone's down by midnight or so.....this is just my first rally...have no idea what to expect........I guess I'll find out soon..

tj
    i hear there will be burnouts and dancing on the tables....

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.