Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Rally Q&A

GPS coordinates

Does anyone have the coordinates for the rally location?

Never mind, I got them. The ticket office is N40 59.8317 W76 27.9828
    Last edited by txtinman; 01-16-2011 at 05:45 AM.
    Mike White
    R1200CLC

"I can resist everything except temptation"... Oscar Wilde

Cali girl

2011 rally Q & A

If bringing a camper/trailer/RV, will sites be first come first served or reserved? Will the first day to enter the fairgrounds be July 21st ? Any info available on camping fees yet?

Extremely excited!!

Rally Rat
    What is the name of the rally fairgrounds outside Bloomsburg, PA?

----------------
    Thanks, bikerfish! That was toooooo easy. Bloomsburg Fairgrounds..Jeez.
    Fairgrounds located off exit 232 (old exit 34) of Interstate 80. Set GPS for Intersection of US Rt 11 and Fort McClure Blvd Bloomsburg, PA
    Last edited by sudani; 01-30-2011 at 03:38 PM.

There will be virtually unlimited dry RV camping outside of the secure portion of the fairgrounds. There will be no extra charge beyond rally registration fees. Here is a map of the fairgrounds.
    http://www.bloomsburgfair.com/index.php?pageid=220
    Mark Austin
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Knights of the Roundel

Quote Originally Posted by sudani View Post
    What is the name of the rally fairgrounds outside Bloomsburg, PA?
    Susan, if you wanted a quick answer, you posted that question to the wrong location.
    here, this one is faster:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+the+nam...sburg%2C+PA%3F
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Quote Originally Posted by dmaust01 View Post
    There will be virtually unlimited dry RV camping outside of the secure portion of the fairgrounds. There will be no extra charge beyond rally registration fees. Here is a map of the fairgrounds.
    http://www.bloomsburgfair.com/index.php?pageid=220
    Mark, will there be any hookups available inside the fairgrounds, or we will need to look for private/state fairgrounds?

Thanks,
    Dan

On the Road

Question First Rally

Hey,

I will be heading down the Wednesday before to find a place to camp plus the fact that I have volunteered to help out Thursday morning. I would like to camp somewhere quiet and clean with facilities but close to the Rally site. I know nothing of the area and would like some recommendations on where to stay?

So please let me know....
    thanks

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjj1 View Post
    Hey,

I will be heading down the Wednesday before to find a place to camp plus the fact that I have volunteered to help out Thursday morning. I would like to camp somewhere quiet and clean with facilities but close to the Rally site. I know nothing of the area and would like some recommendations on where to stay?

So please let me know....
    thanks
    Terry, if you are volunteering, why not setup your tent on the Rally site on either Tuesday or Wednesday night? The advantage of being on site is being able to take in the entertainment, have a beer and walk back to your tent. The site tends to be crowded, but if my neighbours tend to be a touch noisy, earplugs have always solved that problem. Often my rally site neighbours become good friends.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

On the Road

Site

I thought of camping onsite bbut wasn't sure how busy or crazy it could be...I suppose I'll have to try it out....what is the normal method for picking a place to camp on site?..first come first server?...can I park my bike close by?...

bike parking is always "close"- usually within spitting distance. 1st come, 1st serve. there is always a "quiet" area- which usually is pretty quiet- but sound does not know where the active areas stop and the quiet ones begin. still, generally pretty decent. volunteers are the only ones who are supposed to be coming in before Thursday, so you end up getting extremely good selection by V'ing.
    Very strongly encourage on-site camping, it really makes the rally experience happen. unless of course it's really crappy weather, then its a little bit more like camping in really crappy weather.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

I thought of camping onsite bbut wasn't sure how busy or crazy it could be...I suppose I'll have to try it out....what is the normal method for picking a place to camp on site?..first come first server?...can I park my bike close by?...
    Yup! first come first serve, Yes you can park your bike right next to your tent!

Join in the fun!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Yes you can park your bike right next to your tent!

Join in the fun!
    yeah well, that's a "maybe".

For example, at Redmond, I could, but i got an early site. Many others had to park a short (1 minute) stroll away. Often, there is no "lawn parking" of bikes, and generally, there is not "pavement parking" of tents.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

On the Road

Camping

well, I guess it's on site for me..that's included in the admin fee correct?

It pays to volunteer...if you get first choice on spots...

yeah, always just one admision price, good for as many days as you are there, for all services used or unused. only extras are food and beverage, along with MSF classes (if you are fortunate enough to get into one). and whatever bike schwag you want/need, which is thoroughly optional.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Thumbs up Volunteering makes the Rally much more fun

It pays to volunteer...if you get first choice on spots...
    I have camped on-site at all my National Rallies (this is #20), and enjoy the chaos that is a National Rally.

Yes, your "neighbor" will be 6" from your tent, and the "snore homing devices" will help you find your camping area among thousands of tents. Bring enough earplugs to keep out the various sounds and bring along lots of good nature. Our rallies are gatherings of old and new friends, and the yearly National is the Really BIG event. Lots of bikes, lots of people, and a lot of fun.

As for volunteering to get in early: Good Idea Grasshopper!
    I have been Head Bartender on Wednesday nights for a bunch of years now, and we usually have about 3000 members on-site the night before the Rally! As I have told first timers for ages, the best choice of camping areas will go to the early arrivals, and if you get involved with the Rally operations, you will truly understand and appreciate what it takes to make a MOA National Rally! We have a spot for you working in the Beer Tent on Wednesday night if you are up to it!
    Last edited by RevWillie; 02-01-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: grafx
    Onward, through the fog!