Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boots and gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    i love my Held Steve gloves, in fact when i heard they were going to discontinue them i bought a second pair not realizing they were coming out with the "Steve II" version. i wear them in spring, summer & fall and can even use them when the temp drops into the low 40's/upper 30's in the winter if i have my hippo hands on and use my heated grips. when the temps drops to where it is too cold for the "steve" gloves i use a pair of Held "Warm and Dry" gloves. these work great and keep my hands warm (and dry) until the temp drops into the low 20's and i need to use heated gloves. at this time of the year (mid Nov.) i ride to work in the early AM with the Warm and Dry gloves and switch to the Steve gloves for my mid afternoon ride home. i have been sold on Held gloves for some time and have not found any other glove that offers the protection and comfort that i get with Held. yes they are expensive but like the old saying goes "you get what you pay for"
    When did you get Held warm n dry gloves as I never knew you had a pair? Are they thick like the Tourmaster Polar-tech gloves? Are the Held warm n dry gloves warmer than the Tourmaster Polar-tech gloves? I don't think Held makes Warm N Dry gloves in my size... but like to know how they are and how they are compared to Tourmaster Polar-tech gloves I have.

Thanks in advance.

Anna.......i bought the warm & dry gloves quite some time ago and actually forgot i had them. when looking around in my gear drawer recently i found them. they are not as thick as the polar-tech gloves and in my limited experience with them i don't think they will be as warm as the polar-tech either, although i am not 100% sure of this. i will wear them through out the winter and let you know if they are indeed as warm as the polar-tech's.

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    Anna.......i bought the warm & dry gloves quite some time ago and actually forgot i had them. when looking around in my gear drawer recently i found them. they are not as thick as the polar-tech gloves and in my limited experience with them i don't think they will be as warm as the polar-tech either, although i am not 100% sure of this. i will wear them through out the winter and let you know if they are indeed as warm as the polar-tech's.
    I can't wear polar-tech as they make my right wrist hurt. I need something thinner but warm for winter is reason why I ask. I need a glove that doesn't make my wrist hurt in winter and right now Steve Held gloves are only gloves that won't make my wrist hurt. Due to my size hand, also limited on gloves I am able to get too.