Thread: Motorcycle Lap Blanket (?)

Hybrid View

Motorcycle Lap Blanket (?)

There was thread running last week with folks posting images of their bikes.

One of the photos showed an airhead with what appeared to be a lap-blanket, or apron (for lack of a better term) attached to the bike/tank, running down over the legs to the cylinders and over the lap of the rider. It was open at the back.

I PM'd the poster of the image but didn't receive a reply, and apparently our PMs "sent" are not recorded in the "Private Messages Folder" (If they ARE, can someone tell me how to access them?). I posted a question to the individual, but can not locate (from my Profile) that post (which would have allowed me to backtrack to the Topic ) .....

I would like to know more about the product, who makes, or made, it; if it's still available, price, etc. Did anyone else see it?

I should have saved the image so I could re-post it, but....

Any help would be appreciated.

Lew
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Lew,

These are a popular item in Europe for the urban folks who ride through all the seasons. I've not seen any for sale in NA, though. Perhaps a search of some European bike outfitters may turn them up. Start with the European helmet shops and see if they carry them. A phone call to the UK ought to do it, too.
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    I PM'd the poster of the image but didn't receive a reply, and apparently our PMs "sent" are not recorded in the "Private Messages Folder" (If they ARE, can someone tell me how to access them?). I posted a question to the individual, but can not locate (from my Profile) that post (which would have allowed me to backtrack to the Topic )
    I'm pretty sure it's because that was on advrider..

Quote Originally Posted by maverick
    Tucano Urbano Gaucho Motorcycle Leg Covers

You need model R117 that will fit most GS's and bigger style bikes. Very popular in Europe on scooters. I never believed in them until I tried it once in the winter. Wish I had the balls to try it out years ago. Keeps the cold/rain and snow off your legs and upper body - why suffer
    ....from the rest of the discussion.

Also, you can view your sent PM's. Under "Jump to Folder," click on "Inbox," and there it is.. "Sent Items."

EDIT: Google has plenty of hits for that model. For insance, http://www.motorbikecrazy.com/acatalog/Leg_Covers.html, http://scooter-wear.com/tucano-urban...rs-2395-0.html, etc.

D'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks... .
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

I married my lap blanket
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!

02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike
    Craig

By searching Google.fr (French Google) I was able to come up with many vendors:

http://www.google.fr/search?as_q=tab...ch=&as_rights=

I know there is a way to turn on a translator but I'm unable to remember.

There is a Bagster distributor in US
    Contact Cima International
    bagster@CIMAINT.COM

Here is one site:
    http://www.twenga.fr/dir-Auto-Moto,A...o,Tablier-moto
    Last edited by 460Jetboat; 11-19-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein