Hi Gents (and Ladies) - I need your advice and counsel:
I took the plunge and bought an AutoCom Pro 7 unit yesterday. The installation of the unit to the bike was no problem at all, but I am befuddled and bedeviled by the installation of the two AutoCom Super B Universal Headsets I purchased. I need to install them in my Schuberth Concept helmet and my wife's Shoei Syncrotec. I found the instructions to be totally useless (the Shoei diagram assumes a removable liner, which I don't have, and the Schuberth diagram is just incoherent, IMHO.)
So if you all would be so kind, please take a look at these specific questions and feel free to provide any other tips/links:
1) How do you attach the speakers to the inside of the helmet - on the Schuberth the velcro doesn't work at all and on the Shoei there there doesn't seem to be enough room to just stick them to the lining.
2) Glue - your friend or cop out?
3) What kind of glue?
4) Tape - your friend? What kind??
4) Really stupid question - do you talk in to the black or brown side of the mike (it doesn't say in the book!)
5) What helmet mods are necessary - any cuts in the lining, removal of padding, etc???
Thanks in advance! By the way, feel free to take a (good-natured) cheap shot (one each) at my inability to sort this out!