Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Selection of Rally Sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    ...although it would not be a MOA rally if somebody didn't get their shorts in a wad and complain loudly about something.

Quote Originally Posted by rkoreis View Post
    November is great if you live in the banana belt and never have to go over a pass. For those of us at altitude or who would have to cross a pass, November is a crapshoot at best. The Corps of Discovery got an early September snow in the Bitterroots.
    this summer i had to wait for two hours at the Beartooth pass while they cleared the road.

in the post you quote, i was referring to a regional event, as yes, in November no one is going to make it over the rockies.

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    But lots of campers like to drink at the beer garden and walk to their tents while motel folks have to ride away into the darkness. I don't see why reversing this - motel folks walk back to their motels and campers ride back to their tents - is so horrible to comprehend.

It is simply a matter of who is inconvenienced and who isn't, and what folks are used to. I'm a rally camper so like the historical solution. But for motel folks Charleston worked better. But they were happy so didn't yell as much or as loud.
    Mixing it up once and awhile is a good thing.

"You need to have a redesign because familiarity breeds a kind of complacency." ~ Timothy White, American Author
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Mixing it up can be fun but in this case I submit that the campers are the folks that are most likely to close the beer garden, i.e. stay till the last act.

The best way to reslove a seperation of camping and entertainment is to have shuttle busses.

I also think that many of the folks that stay in hotels are doing so not only for the comfort but because they like quiet too. If you were to ride by the Ambassador and staff hotel in the evening there is a mellow party every night. I don't think these folks are not in the beer garden because they'd have to ride there.

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    I'm new to the MOA Rally process(es).
    I'm not new to riding or the trials and tribulations of the road.

"Many great ideas have been lost because the people who had them could not stand being laughed at." ~Author Unknown

Better yet... As the old Apple ad's stated:

"Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    I'm new to the MOA Rally process(es).
    I'm not new to riding or the trials and tribulations of the road.

"Many great ideas have been lost because the people who had them could not stand being laughed at." ~Author Unknown

Better yet... As the old Apple ad's stated:

Out of the 10k or so folks that will be in Bloomsburg the vast majority will be over 55, or as old as the kid in the photo above is now.

I'd say someday you'll get your wish, rally central and all the activities will be indoors at a convention center and the only folks camping will be the poverty riders.

Enjoy the party while you can folks, especially if you are one of the younger riders.