Thread: New Post?

1flyer

New Post?

I'm having trouble using the "New Post" button. The site recognizes me with a "Welcome, 1 flyer" and when I last visited. But, when I try the "New Post" button I get a message that looks like it is coming from the Search routine:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Anyone have any idea whatÔÇÖs going on?

No clue on this one. That's new to me. Obviously, you're getting logged in since you could post here.

Is anyone else seeing this?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

I've seen that before as well. I usually just backup and hit new post again and it fires right up.

1flyer
    I've tried that and a few times it would work, almost like I found the sweet spot on the screen. But lately it's not hitting at all.

1flyer
    Here is the last message I got just after my last post:

"Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 10 seconds."

This is getting interesting.

USERNAME
    i get this if i:

- read the forum.
    - mark forums read
    - come back before there is a new post.

i use it as a "slow day at work" indicator.

the 'dont allow people to search more than once per [interval]' thing reduces the likelihood of some hacker dude tying up the website with a bot that runs a zillion searches. (i think.)

1flyer
    I guess that makes sense. But I haven't done any kind of search. I'm on the home computer now and it works as advertised, no problems. Think it may be time to call the IT guys.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Some IT people are stopping SQL queries, which is what this is as a way to keep people from surfing. I know cause my office does.... Winsock Proxy lets you get around it... maybe.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by 1flyer
    I guess that makes sense. But I haven't done any kind of search. I'm on the home computer now and it works as advertised, no problems. Think it may be time to call the IT guys.
    i think when you click 'new posts' it runs a search for new posts? kind of like a macro button.

Quote Originally Posted by username
    i think when you click 'new posts' it runs a search for new posts? kind of like a macro button.
    That's exactly what it does. Brad theorizes that the time out on the posts is probaby a function of the SQL server this whole thing runs on.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.