Thread: Scala Rider/iPhone/Garmin 2730

harryt11

Scala Rider/iPhone/Garmin 2730

I'm trying to sort out the usage of a Scala Rider Q2 headset with my Garmin 2730 and iPhone. The Scala pairs with the 2730, and the iPhone pairs with the 2730 and all works great. I can make and receive calls with no problem and hear the GPS directions. I also have a GXM30 but can't get XM through the Scala even when using the hardwire between it and the GPS.

I also have an electronic hum and think I know that it takes a ground loop isolator, where does that go and where would I get one?

Any ideas appreciated.

Toadmanor
    Quote Originally Posted by harryt11 View Post
    ..iPhone pairs with the 2730 and all works great.
    I have a 2730 and it doesn't pair with anything!

It doesn't have Bluetooth. How does yours do this?

harryt11
    I think it works on a principle known as magic. At least that is my understanding.

Just kidding, it has bluetooth and pairs with the phone, I can hear the MP3 player over the bluetooth (but not in stereo) the XM however does not play if I have the bluetooth paired, even with a wire.

Toad,
    I have a 2820. Didn't know a thing about it until I googled it. Got tons of info even tho it's "obsolete". Try that, might help.
    Rubber down
    Rich
    RichW
    2007 R12RT
    DS/DS, OEF, OIF

harryt11
    Rich,

Thanks, I did and it leads me to believe what I want to do isn't possible. Nice avatar, 25th now or a vet?

Harry

Toadmanor
    Quote Originally Posted by rich223vt View Post
    Toad,
    I have a 2820. Didn't know a thing about it until I googled it. Got tons of info even tho it's "obsolete". Try that, might help.
    Rubber down
    Rich

Im telling you the Garmin StreetPilot 2730 DOES NOT have Bluetooth capability.

I know this!

harryt11
    Ummm, 2820. sorry.

So I think what you're saying is the GPS works fine paired with the headset until you try to use the built-in XM radio? Do you hear GPS directions OK when paired? How about the media player? If you plug in a pair of headphones to the HPS, does the XM then work fine?
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Harry, are you sure that it's a 2720? A 2720 is identical to the 2730, except it doesn't have XM capability. Neither one has Bluetooth. Either you have something else (like a Zumo), or you have some sort of device that allows Bluetooth for the 27 series of Garmin GPS? If that's the case, please let me know. I've got two friends with the 2730 models that would love to have the Bluetooth option.
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2004 R1150RS, forming a search committee to add another.

harryt11
    Ted- The Scala Rider I have has been modified to accept headphones so I can use my Etymotics. By HPS I assume you mean the jack on the GPS, the answer is I hear the GPS and the media player by Bluetooth, but no XM.

Others, my mistake I have a 2820. Sorry for the confusion.

Others, my mistake too... I had 2720 stuck in the brain, even after you said 2820. Hope you get it resolved, Harryt11.
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2004 R1150RS, forming a search committee to add another.