Thread: Scala Rider/iPhone/Garmin 2730

Hybrid View

harryt11

Scala Rider/iPhone/Garmin 2730

I'm trying to sort out the usage of a Scala Rider Q2 headset with my Garmin 2730 and iPhone. The Scala pairs with the 2730, and the iPhone pairs with the 2730 and all works great. I can make and receive calls with no problem and hear the GPS directions. I also have a GXM30 but can't get XM through the Scala even when using the hardwire between it and the GPS.

I also have an electronic hum and think I know that it takes a ground loop isolator, where does that go and where would I get one?

Any ideas appreciated.

Toadmanor
    Quote Originally Posted by harryt11 View Post
    ..iPhone pairs with the 2730 and all works great.
    I have a 2730 and it doesn't pair with anything!

It doesn't have Bluetooth. How does yours do this?

harryt11
    I think it works on a principle known as magic. At least that is my understanding.

Just kidding, it has bluetooth and pairs with the phone, I can hear the MP3 player over the bluetooth (but not in stereo) the XM however does not play if I have the bluetooth paired, even with a wire.

Toad,
    I have a 2820. Didn't know a thing about it until I googled it. Got tons of info even tho it's "obsolete". Try that, might help.
    Rubber down
    Rich
    RichW
    2007 R12RT
    DS/DS, OEF, OIF

harryt11
    Rich,

Thanks, I did and it leads me to believe what I want to do isn't possible. Nice avatar, 25th now or a vet?

Harry

Toadmanor
    Quote Originally Posted by rich223vt View Post
    Toad,
    I have a 2820. Didn't know a thing about it until I googled it. Got tons of info even tho it's "obsolete". Try that, might help.
    Rubber down
    Rich

Im telling you the Garmin StreetPilot 2730 DOES NOT have Bluetooth capability.

I know this!

harryt11
    Ummm, 2820. sorry.