Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer

  1. #16
    Dum vivimus vivamus ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,587
    My experience with Scorpion was quite different - after 20 years loyal to Shoei I bought a new EXO-700 last fall and am exceedingly happy with it. I did however manage to catch the rear vent piece on a table edge and knock it off. I called and talked to the Scorpion folks and asked if they sold just that rear piece - instead they just promised to send me a new one gratis. It showed up 2 days later with the glue tape needed to affix it. So far I am pretty happy with Scorpion and the helmet.
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

  2. #17
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    28
    Scorpions are good helmets. Its just that all heads are not shaped similar. I use a 700 and am quite happy except for the wind noise inside.
    If anyone here had a 700 and was happy, upgraded to a 900 and have less noise, I wanna hear. I would like to buy a 900 if that were the case.

  3. #18
    warredon
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aviator View Post
    Scorpions are good helmets. Its just that all heads are not shaped similar. I use a 700 and am quite happy except for the wind noise inside.
    If anyone here had a 700 and was happy, upgraded to a 900 and have less noise, I wanna hear. I would like to buy a 900 if that were the case.

    Are you using an Aero Skirt with the EXO-700? I installed one in mine a couple of years ago and it seems to help with the wind noise problem. I don't know how well the EXO-900 or the EXO-1000 would fit my head, but I can't say enough good things about their 700.

  4. #19
    Registered User TomDac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183
    I have a Scorpion EXO-1000 and have been very pleased with fit, finish features and comfort of the helmet. Love the internal visor.
    Tom - MOA #156706, Hayward, CA
    2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure, aka "Gretel"
    1983 Honda V65 Magna - SOLD
    http://www.flyv65.com

  5. #20
    Jack Herbst
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oro Valley, AZ
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDac View Post
    I have a Scorpion EXO-1000 and have been very pleased with fit, finish features and comfort of the helmet. Love the internal visor.
    How long have you had the Helmet? How many times have you worn it?

    After pointing out the delamination around 3/4 of the bottom of the helmet to the factory rep. in PHX I returned home to Tucson. Now the entire bottom of the helmet dropped off. This is the third time I had worn it?????

    Jack

  6. #21
    John. jstrube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atwater, CA
    Posts
    979
    I have an EXO 1000. If it fit me better, I would love it, but my long head gets a pain right at the front peak. It has held up very well, with no issues at all. It is about 18 months old. I am going to replace it though, as the more I wear it, the more it hurts. It isn't the helmet's fault though, my head is just long.

  7. #22
    Dum vivimus vivamus ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,587
    An excellent way to remove some of the shell foam to make a helmet with a pressure point more comfortable it to use 200-grit sandpaper - remove the liner and then sand at the pressure point a little at a time until it is comfortable. Do not take a ball peen hammer to it or otherwise compact it, compacting the foam removes its ability to protect your head.

    Jack - sounds like you got a lemon! I would call Scorpion and ask for a replacement. They will probably tell you to return it with the receipt to a Scorpion dealer (preferably where you bought it).
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

  8. #23
    Jack Herbst
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oro Valley, AZ
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    An excellent way to remove some of the shell foam to make a helmet with a pressure point more comfortable it to use 200-grit sandpaper - remove the liner and then sand at the pressure point a little at a time until it is comfortable. Do not take a ball peen hammer to it or otherwise compact it, compacting the foam removes its ability to protect your head.

    Jack - sounds like you got a lemon! I would call Scorpion and ask for a replacement. They will probably tell you to return it with the receipt to a Scorpion dealer (preferably where you bought it).
    Ted the dealer has wiped his hands and is no longer carrying the Scorpian line (PHX). The factory rep has promised a new helmet. I am waiting as he said the factory will send it soon. The rep. took pictures and sent them to the principles. I am sure they will be somewhat shocked. The helmet is new. Only third time I wore it.

    Jack

  9. #24
    Registered User kgadley01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,533
    I think they will probably follow threw on a new Helmet. Bad reports travel fast. My wife likes her 700. The only issue is its hard for her to put her glasses on. There doesn't seem to be enough room on the sides...
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

  10. #25
    Registered User TomDac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    How long have you had the Helmet? How many times have you worn it?

    After pointing out the delamination around 3/4 of the bottom of the helmet to the factory rep. in PHX I returned home to Tucson. Now the entire bottom of the helmet dropped off. This is the third time I had worn it?????

    Jack
    I bought the helmet in the fall of 2007, shortly after it was introduced. - and it was very hard to find... limited early production and lots of demand, from what I read.

    It was by far the most comfortable helmet I tried on. I have worn it HUNDREDS of times since. I live in CA, so try to ride year round as much as I can - sometimes just to work and back.. or weekend day-trips.. or multi-day rides.

    It's held up nicely and still is very comfortable.
    Tom - MOA #156706, Hayward, CA
    2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure, aka "Gretel"
    1983 Honda V65 Magna - SOLD
    http://www.flyv65.com

  11. #26
    No bugs in winter OHScot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    311
    I have the EXO 1000 and after 2 years of OK, apparently my head shrunk. Replaced the Large liner with the Medium liner now it fits the same as it did when new. $34.95 for resizing. I guess its OK.

    Vents are still not as good as my old Shoei RF 900 which still fits after 6 years.
    "Wow I didn't know BMW made motorcycles, Yeah I think Honda does too."

  12. #27
    Touring Panpsychist Theo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    624
    My EXO-900 was a tad tight in the crown when I bought it. I figured it would wear in a bit over time and fit like a glove. Well that didn't happen -- as it turned out, I was at the top end of the XL fit. The remedy was to purchase the XXL liner/cheek pads and insert them in the XL shell. Note that the XL and XXL shells are identical in size/shape; the only difference is the liners/pads.

    Now, the helmet fits well and is nearly as quiet behind the RT as my CL-SP or my IS-16. The only problem I have now is the weight. The EXO-900 weighs just under a pound more than my HJC IS-16, making me feel a bit bobble-headed after several hours! Otherwise, I've had absolutely zero quality/durability problems with the EXO-900.
    Theo

    2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •