Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hospitality committee needs your input

Ol salt

Hospitality committee needs your input

As a member of your Hospitality Committee for this years National, I would like to ask the forum members what services and/or items you would like to see be made available to you from the committee. We are here to serve you and your input would be greatly appreciated. It would assist us in making this rally as pleasant an experience as possible for you as well as us.

Beer, bourbon, and coffee.

I'd like to see

Maybe a place to send and receive email.
    Dan

Hospitality

Where are the closest laundry faclities, grocery stores, local restaurants, maybe even Wall Mart, put this on a large map of the city with oneway streets marked. I can find my way across the country but I damm sure get lost going across town.

RIDERR1150GSADV

Talking more....

Quote Originally Posted by YB in IN
    Beer, bourbon, and coffee.
    and wild wild women!!!!!!

Let clubs rent an EZup so they have some shade and a place to hang.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

I met a guy while I was in Africa who has been to almost all of the Nationals. What he'd love would be a backdrop (like a Beemerville USA street scene) where people could pose with their bikes to make their own souvenier of the rally. Could that be a job for the hospitality crew????

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I would like to see recommendations for destination rides, that might be off the beaten path. Such as maybe something to a cool museum or something.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Good Local Advice

I was the Hospitality and Map Tours Chair for the 1996 Rally in Morganton. We coordinated the work of the 3 Chartered Clubs that were local, we had a large map to discuss good riding in the area, a ride sheet with directions for all the good roads, a list of restaurants and other services of interest.

Over the years, as the Internet came on strong, the Rally Web site has features pages listing nearby adventures, restarant guide, and information about local road conditions.

I've found that if you can assemble this information early, it's useful for people planning their rally ride, and useful in the hospitality booth for those of us completely incapable of planning!

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rider1150RT
    and wild wild women!!!!!!
    The wild women? We coordinate ourselved!
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Quote Originally Posted by Voni
    I met a guy while I was in Africa who has been to almost all of the Nationals. What he'd love would be a backdrop (like a Beemerville USA street scene) where people could pose with their bikes to make their own souvenier of the rally. Could that be a job for the hospitality crew????

Voni
    sMiling
    Excellant idea!!!!!!!!!

gsjay
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

Ol salt

Phgotographs

Quote Originally Posted by Voni

Voni
    sMiling
    Believe it or not this has already been discussed and is a probability. if a photographer can be found. Sue was working on this last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Salt
    Believe it or not this has already been discussed and is a probability. if a photographer can be found. Sue was working on this last I heard.
    I think they were looking to have something more like a photo op set up so people could take their own pictures. I envision this as a big Beemerville banner (with the logo for the rally) hung on a wall so people can have their picture taken in front of it. The banners are fairly cheap now and any FastSigns can make you one for $6/sq. foot, I believe.

The tricky part would be keeping people from parking in front of the sign. Having run security, managing where people can and can't park can be a chore as some folks think the rules just don't appy to them.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

USERNAME
    a sewing table with lots of spare fabric and several sewing machines. and i mean the fancy ones, where you can load a bitmap image and it'll do th embroidery too!

why? so everyone can make their rally shirt the way they want it. want a collar? sew one on! want a pocket? sew one on! want a special logo or image? no problem!

Ol salt
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    I think they were looking to have something more like a photo op set up so people could take their own pictures. I envision this as a big Beemerville banner (with the logo for the rally) hung on a wall so people can have their picture taken in front of it. The banners are fairly cheap now and any FastSigns can make you one for $6/sq. foot, I believe.

The tricky part would be keeping people from parking in front of the sign. Having run security, managing where people can and can't park can be a chore as some folks think the rules just don't appy to them.
    I believe what was discussed was as you stated but to also have a photographer for those who may want a professional one done. May have to schedule appointments as a way of avoiding a traffic problem. Logistics of this seemingly simple task could be great with 6-7,00 attendees.