Thread: Ultra 2 Jacket??

JOECUBANA

Ultra 2 Jacket??

Ok gang...
    Time to start looking for a jacket now. Been doing some research and THINK I have it down to three......'Stitch, Belstaff Discovery, or the Motoport Ultra 2.

I have read the threads about the Belstaff and know about the 'Stitch. Anyone had any experience with the Ultra 2??

I may head to the Ohio super show and see what's around next weekend but would like to hear some real world experiences.

THanks

Joe

I have had an ultra 2 cordura since 96. Its built to last, heavier than a 500D cordura jacket, like a suit of armor no kidding. I bet their kevlar is even better-more stretchy. Their air mesh kevlar is supposed to cover all of the bases with a zip out liner. You should check out the portion of their site about the different strengths of apparel fabrics. They have chest armor in their jackets too! Ive got a ultra 2 suit coming in the mail soon, cant wait to try it on. Their stuff is top notch build quality, however you may wait a bit on production times. some people have had bad experiences with their cust service, I have not so far. They also do repairs if you take a spill. I think Stitch is cool but in Humid Michigan summers my blood is too thick for a laminate outfit like that. I sweat in the Ultra 2 but once you move, the air flows right through it. still pretty warm in the cold without the liner as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TZOLK; 01-22-2005 at 10:07 AM.
    Todd Zolkosky
    Plymouth, MI
    1990 R100GSPD

As steel sharpens steel, A man sharpens another man.