Thread: Handle bar muffs

Handle bar muffs

With cold weather approaching I was deciding between heated gloves and handle bar muffs, I ordered the muffs. Seemed like the way to go with a little more freedom of movement and with the heated grips on the F800GS should be good to go. The order came in Friday from Wunderlich http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...S/8110360.html and they seem to be of good quality. Here's the problem-all my attempts to fit seem to fail. They went to a lot of trouble to make these and when I fit them in their best position I'm concerned that there is enough pressure over the start button that hand/arm movement could have enough tension to engage the starter while I'm riding. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow but I thought I'd put it out on the forum to see if anybody's tried this before. Thanks Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Well..............I called them up.............no real help. The guy I talked to was fine, said he understood and was happy about my decision to return the muffs. Next move Hippo Hands? Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Was looking at a pair of hippo hands the other day and they wouldn't fit over my R1150GS hand guards. Interested to hear what has worked for others......
    2000 K1200LT
    2001 R1150GS
    2009 KLR650

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBeemer View Post

Was looking at a pair of hippo hands the other day and they wouldn't fit over my R1150GS hand guards. Interested to hear what has worked for others......
    According to the site http://www.hippohands.com/ that is the only place they are available. You can check to see what fits. Gary
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I have Gerbing G3 Gloves along with a full set of Gerbing gear and they are very comfortable down to 23 degrees, which was my lowest temp ride last year.
    Glenn
    2003 F650GS Dakar

Quote Originally Posted by gblawler View Post
    I have Gerbing G3 Gloves along with a full set of Gerbing gear and they are very comfortable down to 23 degrees, which was my lowest temp ride last year.
    Hi Glenn, I might end up with the Gerbing gloves to go with the jacket I have. I was just looking for a little more dexterity in the hand area-I have heated grips. In the past it was liners,mittens and welders mittens. This combo worked real well except it made working the controls-accurately-hard to do. Gary
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Motorsports shops that sell snowmobiles and four wheeled ATVs to wintertime hunters and ice fishermen sell these sorts of things.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

8. 10-15-2010, 02:37 PM

i have hippos hands on my little 650GS w/BMW hand guards. they are without a doubt the best piece of gear i have ever bought. the hand guards keep the hippos from blowing back and hitting the clutch and front brake lever at highway speeds. not only do they keep the wind off your hands and make your heated grips work so much better they are great in the rain. your hands will never be wet and cold with hippos and heated grips.