Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: contacting BMW/complaint about a dealer

Call me old fashioned. Has the OP contacted the BMW dealership owner already and expressed his concerns?

If someone has a complaint with one of my programs, I appreciate it when they contact me before going over my head and give me a chance to correct matters, if necessary.

yes i did in fact speak to the owner of the dealership via e-mail several days ago, his final response was he would look into the things and get right back to me. have not heard a word from him since.

to answer the question of if speaking to BMW NA helped, all i can say is after they contacted the service manager at the dealership she had my bike worked on and done within a day and half, where the service writer who i had dealt with up to that point was working on seven days with only a valve check being done.

if anyone would like to read all the troubles i have had with the dealership PM me your e-mail address and i will send you a word doc describing the three events in question.

Did you get your bike back?

Anna,
    yes i got my bike back this afternoon, and of course were expecting over 2 inches of rain and 40-50 mph winds tonight and tomorrow and i sprained my right wrist at work today, but i will be riding the bike to work tomorrow.
    Last edited by nytrashman; 10-14-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XTrooper View Post
    If you're not satisfied with a particular dealership, you really have only two options; travel to another dealership or put up with them.
    Third option: Learn to do your own wrenching. Find a friend to teach you. You will have some "learning experiences" (even some that cost you a few $$) but you will be more appreciative of your motorcycle. And yes: This stuff is not rocket science, it can be learned like any other skill. And, it can be fun.
    J?rgen
    Red Rocks
    04 R1150GS adv
    04 K1200RS last of the great bricks

Quote Originally Posted by jurgen View Post
    Third option: Learn to do your own wrenching. Find a friend to teach you. You will have some "learning experiences" (even some that cost you a few $$) but you will be more appreciative of your motorcycle. And yes: This stuff is not rocket science, it can be learned like any other skill. And, it can be fun.
    He does know how to wrench on his bike.

i do know how to work on my bike but sometimes work or life in general gets in the way and it is much easier or faster to have the dealer do some work. i am fortunate in that i can afford this option.

This dealer

is getting quite the reputation with the local BMW riders.... Doesn't sound like BMWNA cares about all of the complaints.
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

Who is the dealer ? C'mon folks this is an independant forum you will not wake up with a horse head in your bed, loaded on a cattle car for a countryside ride besides your daily Amtrak, lets hear the name so we can all hide.

Is it snowing yet ?
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

DAVIDTN57
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Who is the dealer ? C'mon folks this is an independant forum you will not wake up with a horse head in your bed, loaded on a cattle car for a countryside ride besides your daily Amtrak, lets hear the name so we can all hide.

Is it snowing yet ?
    This

I know for a fact that the particular dealer

follows this and other forums...
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

if the owner of the dealership in question does follow this forum he should take note that he is getting quite the reputation amongst the local BMW riders, and i don't mean for the better.

in fact i know one long time BMW rider who no longer buy's BMW's because he can't get decent service within 100 miles of his home.

so who IS this mystery dealer? (there are still a few in your area, including those in NJ & CT).
    our knowing who can be problematic gives YOU (and all of us) more power in effecting change at the dealership. one guy saying "you'll never see me walk thru your door" may get a response of "don't let the door hit you on the way out", or maybe "hey, give me a chance to make this right for you". But when 5 or 10 or 20 say "not me either, 'cause i heard what the Trashman had to say about you"... well, that should take the "door" response right off the table.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots