Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: contacting BMW/complaint about a dealer

contacting BMW/complaint about a dealer

i have had two bad experiences with the same BMW dealer, is there a way i can contact BMW NA directly to let them know of my dissatisfaction or am i just wasting my time?

Make up some obnoxious signage and set up in front of the dealership in question after calling up the TV and Newspaper folks. Do it on a week day and phone BMW NA to tip them off to the demonstration. Be sure of what you claim. Do not fabricate any falsehoods.
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)

thanks for the advise but i choose to call BMW NA about my problems with my local dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    or am i just wasting my time?
    Yeah, that.

Even if your complaint to BMW NA generates a phone call to the dealership by them (highly doubtful), it will have the same effect as Hillary Clinton scolding North Korea for continuing with their nuclear program.

If you're not satisfied with a particular dealership, you really have only two options; travel to another dealership or put up with them.
    Steve
    NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4/1/1991)
    2011 F800GS - Alpine White

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by XTrooper View Post
    Yeah, that.

Even if your complaint to BMW NA generates a phone call to the dealership by them (highly doubtful), it will have the same effect as Hillary Clinton scolding North Korea for continuing with their nuclear program.

If you're not satisfied with a particular dealership, you really have only two options; travel to another dealership or put up with them.
    What Trooper Steve says may turn out to be true, and sad if it does.

But I once did submit a complaint over the BMW internet link about how my dealership did not resolve something to my satisfaction - and lo and behold, my phone was ringing three days later - dealer calling me up, wanting to know what they could do to make things right!

Give it a try.

CustomerService@bmwmotorcycles.com.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.)
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer,THE REF Staff)
    Iron Butt Association Member # 34281

Quote Originally Posted by XTrooper View Post
    this may not be completely true.

whenever i take my bike to a BMW dealer for service (which is exceedingly rare, even though i love my dealer but i am cheap) i get a call not long afterwards from a customer satisfaction survey firm. You are asked to rank the experience from 1 (crappy) to 5 (exceeded my expectations).

if the ranking is anything less than 5 the dealer not only gets a nastygram from BMW but also gets financial penalties applied (i am not sure of the specifics here, but it may have to do with floorplanning interest rates or allotments... something like that).

i don't know if the same thing happens when someone complains to customer service or not.

i just feel sorry for the poor dealer getting forced to ask me "did i exceed your expectations?" well, hmmmm... i guess, you fixed my bike and didn't drop it off the workstand. but it still doesn't ride like a magic unicorn...

(they also whisper that they need 5s on the survey or their life is hell....)

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Air it out here

Please post your issue here this is the best place to hit them where you have a captive concerned group who has an interest.

Know your target and aim to hit the corrrect mark
    1974 R75/6 W Sidecar
    1989 R100GS

Cool

If the e-mail link I suggested earlier brings no satisfaction, try this for a more direct approach:

BMW Motorcycles
    P.O. Box 1227
    Westwood, NJ 07675-1227

Main phone number is 1-(201) 307-4000

The FAX number is 1-(201) 307-4095

Good Luck!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.)
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer,THE REF Staff)
    Iron Butt Association Member # 34281

What happened to BMW MOA representation on matters like this?
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

I think that there still is a Consumer Liaison but haven't really heard much about it since Rob Lentini died. He was effective in that, as in everything else he ever did.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Thumbs up

Jim Wright is the Consumer Liaison. His email: wrightjkwright@gmail.com Complete contact info is on page 8 of the October Owners News. Jim succeeds Paul Johnson (who did a fine job) who stepped into the position after Rob Lentini.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Jim Wright is the Consumer Liaison. His email: wrightjkwright@gmail.com Complete contact info is on page 8 of the October Owners News. Jim succeeds Paul Johnson (who did a fine job) who stepped into the position after Rob Lentini.
    Thanks Chuck
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    this may not be completely true.

whenever i take my bike to a BMW dealer for service (which is exceedingly rare, even though i love my dealer but i am cheap) i get a call not long afterwards from a customer satisfaction survey firm. You are asked to rank the experience from 1 (crappy) to 5 (exceeded my expectations).

if the ranking is anything less than 5 the dealer not only gets a nastygram from BMW but also gets financial penalties applied (i am not sure of the specifics here, but it may have to do with floorplanning interest rates or allotments... something like that).

i don't know if the same thing happens when someone complains to customer service or not.

i just feel sorry for the poor dealer getting forced to ask me "did i exceed your expectations?" well, hmmmm... i guess, you fixed my bike and didn't drop it off the workstand. but it still doesn't ride like a magic unicorn...

(they also whisper that they need 5s on the survey or their life is hell....)

ian
    Same experience here. You can always go thru the BBB in your area.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    '04 R1150RT
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

after speaking to BMW NA about this dealership my bike was repaired within a 1 1/2 days of the phone call, and i am waiting for it to be returned to me as i type this. i am debating posting the 3 experiences i have had with this dealership here for all to see, but suffice it to say not one was pleasant. looks like it is time to start using a different dealer, unfortunately the next closest dealership is over 2hrs away.

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    after speaking to BMW NA about this dealership my bike was repaired within a 1 1/2 days of the phone call, and i am waiting for it to be returned to me as i type this. i am debating posting the 3 experiences i have had with this dealership here for all to see, but suffice it to say not one was pleasant. looks like it is time to start using a different dealer, unfortunately the next closest dealership is over 2hrs away.
    So did talking to BMW result in BMW talking to the dealer which resulted in the dealer doing something they otherwise were not going to do? Or in fewer words - did calling BMW get results?