Thread: Fiamm horns

Fiamm horns

The new-to-me R1200R has a wimpy horn. I have a pair of Fiamms on the RS that work very well. I see two different series of Fiamms now available:

72002 (high)/72012 (low)

and

72102(high)/72112 (low).

They look like the same physical size. The latter series is called "Freeway Blaster," and the specs given at Amazon show a bit more sound.

Anyone have any specific information about or experience with these products?
    Last edited by dbrick; 10-08-2010 at 03:32 AM.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

I haven't actually bought a Fiam horn for years, but I've never seen a bad Fiam product. I've seen some cheap knockoffs from across the sea (the other sea) that look like Fiams but don't work like Fiams, but I've not seen a bad Fiam product.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

O'reilly Auto parts will get you either one & they are loud enough. You will need to splice the wire ends and some heat shrink connections will improve the job.

eBAy Fiamm Horns

The name Fiamm draws a lot of bids on eBay but here is a secret. Do not tell anyone. Volvo and Saab car horns are Fiamm but if the seller just lists them as Volvo or Saab, bidders looking for the Fiamm name miss these postings.
    2004 R1150GS
    AMA - BMWMOA - BMWRSOC - AZBEEMERS
    Gilbert, Arizona