Thread: 08 K1200GT Rider - Right Shoulder Pain

Bfranco

08 K1200GT Rider - Right Shoulder Pain

I love my K1200GT but every time I take a several hour ride or trip I get a severe pain in the area in the upper back part of my right shoulder near my neck. I have tried moving around on the seat, sitting farther back on the seat, sitting up at the tank on the seat. I have tried adjusting how I hold my head and neck but nothing seems to work. I have never had any neck or back injuries that could be contributing to this.

Can anyone suggest what might be the cause? Could it be the seat? Any suggestions on where to go to research a cause and solution.
    Thanks
    BFranco

Mendocino, CA USA about as far left as you can get in the lower 48
    I get the same thing if I am riding in cold weather without enough gear, but more often in rain (especially windy rain) and am not conciously relaxing. The cold and 'concern' causes me to tense up and raise my shoulders. Never have it any other time, unless I have been off the bikes for a long period.
    Jim Douglas '00 K1200RS >135,000 miles my primary bike again,
    Gone: '09 K1300S sold @ 22k mi, '93 K1100RS traded @ 78k mi, '85 K100RS sold @ 44k mi
    '06 Kaw 650R track bike sold
    http://www.seagullbb.com/

AZrider
    Can anyone suggest what might be the cause? Could it be the seat? Any suggestions on where to go to research a cause and solution.
    Thanks
    BFranco[/QUOTE]
    if it is your right shoulder then your left shoulder is tight either cause you are gripping the left bar too tight or you are sitting too far to the right making your left arm extend too far. I have found when I experience a pain in one side of the body when riding it is the opposite side causing the problem. I then take deep breathes and try to relax the shouders, arms, wrists. Neck pain because my head is hanging down and not square on shoulders. Hope this helps.
    R1200WGS 2013

2-up and havin' fun sugarhillctd's Avatar
    Do you do any stretching- not just on the bike or after riding- but on a regular basis?

Holding your arm(s) in a fixed position for extended periods may lead to a muscular "trigger points"- pain in the shoulder, neck and/or arm.

Google "muscular trigger points" for further info.
    John & Cathy
    '92 K100RS (gone- '04 R1100S Boxer Cup)
    '12 Suzuki DRZ400
    ("kid's" bikes) '02 Kaw ZX6R- Jen's '07 Duc 800ss- Johnnie's