Thread: ford dashboard

Hybrid View

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar

ford dashboard

so some of you might not be old enough to know what a 1960's ford galaxie dashboard looks like,
    if you want to take a trip back in time, look at the new BMW K1600 "dashboard"

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I guess IM not "beholder" of that one

I ordered a crankshaft for an R bike from BMW and "it" showed up in a big box that weighed only a few pounds. Oops! It was the dash for a 5 series car. Seems the parts picker botched a number or two.

I think the 1600s are too big for me, and don't suit my riding style. I thought exactly the same thing about the K1200LT. But I'm glad BMW is replacing the K1200LT and suspect it will be a big seller.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

P Monk

Mustang dash?

I could get used to the dash, I really like the way the GPS docks and can be removed. Sold an LT to get an RT, which I sold to get a Goldwing, Which I traded in on a GS which I really like.

If I decide i never want to ride to Platoro Colo. again on Forrest service roads I might consider the new GTL.

One thing for sure it sure has the Goldwing (leadwing) beat as for a looks and at 200# less weight it probably will appeal to the more sporting touring types.
    P. Monk
    My prized possessions. 74 R90/6 Mine! (also know by bride as the Black Hole). 09 R1200 GS. My wife, 1953 model who has survived aplastic anemia and a bone marrow transplant. My most prized possession is my relationship with Jesus!

I'm well aware that BMW is now building or soon will be building engines for SAAB but this thing is nothing but a two wheeled Buick Roadmaster albeit with a ford dashboard.
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)

XTrooper
    Quote Originally Posted by MPMARTY View Post
    I'm well aware that BMW is now building or soon will be building engines for SAAB but this thing is nothing but a two wheeled Buick Roadmaster albeit with a ford dashboard.
    No Buick Roadmaster ever accelerated from 0-62 mph in 3.2 seconds.

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    f%&k im old, I dont need to hit 60 that fast anymore
    im only a couple of birthdays away form 60 as it is
    slow down 60