Thread: Zumo 550 mount for 2008 1200RT

Three wrongs make a right

Zumo 550 mount for 2008 1200RT

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is a good mount for the zumo 550 for the 1200 RT. I have the wiring and Zumo mount/cradle already but given that handlebars on RT are not tubular, what is a good product to attach the Zumo to the bike and where is the best place to attach it. Any suggestions would be welcome
    Thanks!

RTST
    I am using the BMR products shelf on my 06RT and like it alot because it has other brackets available for mounting other goodies, and its very easy to install. I think their website is www.bmrproducts.com
    Larry

Here are a couple of threads about the migsel dash mount and nice machined ram mount made by one of the forum members. Wunderlich also has some ram hardware that makes use of the unused mirror holes in the hand controls.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...00rt+gps+mount

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...light=jakfrost
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide

+1 on the stem mount in the second thread. i use one with a one inch or three inch clamp depending if I use a tank bag or not. I can always see the GPS clearly and with the one inch I can easily see all the indicator lights. It is a no hassle set up that puts the GPS right where you need it.

XTrooper
    I don't like auxiliary items in my direct line of sight, so I use RAM reservoir cover ball mounts for my Garmin zumo 550 (left side) and iPhone (right side). They work great and are unobtrusive when the cradles are detached.

Three wrongs make a right
    Thanks, some very good suggestions. I think I may go with something mounted on the side rather than center and see how it works out but appreciate all the responses