Thread: GS Tires-What kind of rubber are you burning?

GS Tires-What kind of rubber are you burning?

Curious what most of you out there are using on your GS.
    Ok I do 90% road with my 94 100 GS I just put about 15k on a pair of AVONs Gripsters. But my local dealer has Metzsler Torrence and Saharas dont know a thing about them. Any input would be nice. I would like to stick with the same brand I had, they seemed to have worked good!
    I understand that BMW wheels need a special bushing to balance correctly so I am told to beware going to a smaller shop willing to sell tires. They may not be capable of giving me a correct balancing?
    Any input or comment would be nice.
    thx
    Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the mind!
    1995 PD GS
    1995 R1100RS
    Tomos Mopeds

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Search will reveal a wealth of info on this topic
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Brett
    Anakee seems to be the best for me switched at 20,000 miles now have 85,000 miles on the bike, they hold good in wet something Bridgestone did not do. Good wear 8,000 back and 13,000 front great in corners to, all these miles in 4.5 years

Tire wear is based upon so many factors

I love Gripsters on my GSPD, but i have never gotten anywhere near the mileage that you have. I usually get 8k - 10k miles out of a set. but then i err on the side of caution, and change them well before they are on their last breath.

YMMV
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

Went with Metzlers Torrence

The local dealer here had them in stock. yeah new rubber! So they dont look bad we'll see how they ride and last! Quite Expensive more so than car tires! Somethings wrong here?
    Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the mind!
    1995 PD GS
    1995 R1100RS
    Tomos Mopeds

Have a set of Dunlop 607 on 100GSPD. The front shows very little wear, but the rear is really toasted at just under 7k miles. Most of the riding is on pavement. At the price of the Dunlop, it doesn't seem like a good buy to me.

This is a rear Continental Trail Attack that came off my bike an hour or so ago.

Thats with 10,299 miles of use. I'd use one again... except I've had a Heidenau K60 sitting in the garage since last December. This will be the first time I've used the K60. I was lucky to get this tire just before they turned into Unobtanium in the appropriate GS rear size.

That's the K60, sitting in the sun before being mounted on the bike. I run a TKC-60 knobby on the front. It needs changing, too. Not sure if I'm going to get a matching K60 for the front or stick with the TKC-80s, which I like.

Check the Gspot section over at advrider, there has been a lot of discussion on tires for the GS. Torrences and Anakees are probably the 2 main tires used for those who ride mostly on road.
    2007 R1200GS