Thread: Which Gloves to Buy

Hybrid View

Question Which Gloves to Buy

I'm trying to decide what gloves to buy. I am looking for something that is waterproof and works well in cooler wearther. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by crossfire3006; 08-31-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Riding a 2005 R1200GS and Loving It

For "cold" weather, not cooler, I wear Olympias with goretex/thinsulate and gauntlet cuffs. For "cooler" weather I wear the same thing as any other time to ride-leather with a thin liner glove insideFit matters more to me than anything else. You can buy the cheapest deer or elk glove you can find and it will likely be a good choice-unless you want one of literally dozens of the other choices.My favorite pair of gloves came from ebay on the cheap and are black deerskin and really fit me. They are soft and comfortable! While not protecting me like some sort of armored affair, they feel great. I bought the gloves @ rally in TN last year that are designed by a hand doc and while they are very good, I find I prefer the old ones. When my gloves are wet they work the same as always and dry out quickly on the run. Heated grips don't transmitt through many of the heavy gloves sold for winter, so you may want to consider hand protectors.
    Last edited by kantuckid; 08-31-2010 at 09:48 PM.

I do this:)

SKI Shops. They always have waterproof gloves for us Snow Ski'ers. I've been buying these for years with much happiness, for my winter riding. The prices are not bad either, much less than most biker gloves. These ski gloves come in a huge variety of styles from mittens to three finger to all finger types and usually a large selection too at most ski shops, or sporting goods stores that sell winter apparel. My last set cost me around 25 bucks and last about two years plus, riding a LOT. Randy

Brett
    I have four basic pairs I use for different reasons. ICON leather have over 100,000 miles on these summer gloves but they do not have bells on them to come up over your jacket for cold weather but perfect no sweat gloves for summer and function. JOE ROCKET for rain keeps the hands dry and warm but you will sweat in them a little when it's muggy. BMW winter gloves for cold they have the bell that comes over the jacket and keep cold out with heated grips and last but not least GERBINGS for Oct. Nov. Dec. Jan. Feb. when major heat is needed. So in my opinion I always carry at least two of the four depending on the weather in central PA. Hope this helps

I have Held Namib and use liners when it's cold. LOVE them.

I live in NorCal, so it's never sweltering or humid here, so I don't know what they're like in that type of weather.
    Tom - MOA #156706, Hayward, CA
    2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure, aka "Gretel"
    1983 Honda V65 Magna - SOLD
    http://www.flyv65.com

Held

Read the review in this months MOA owners news on the Held gloves. Expensive but sound great.
    Tom Running, 51141 Greenville, WI
    "Love is when you like something as much as your motorcylce." Sonny Barger in Hells Angels
    by Hunter S. Thompson 1966