Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finger Lakes - I can't wait!

Rally Rat

Finger Lakes - I can't wait!

I go to a few rallies a year but I look forward to Finger Lakes the most.

It is the one rally I cannot be objective about. The roads are OK, but Virginia has it beat. The door prizes and vendors are OK, but the MOA rally wins hands down in that department. The seminars are OK, but they don't have Bob Higdon.

The people at the Finger Lakes rally, on the other hand, are such a pleasure to be around. The people who feed you are great. If you need help with your bike, someone will voluntarily fix it for you. They have a flea market with motorcycle gear. I have been thoroughly entertained by strangers with whom I share a table for breakfast or dinner. I see people drinking beer but no one is acting drunk.

Finger Lakes Rally people are the best! There ... I said it.

Thumbs up Knights will be there...

Many of the Knights of the Roundel #333 plan to arrive on Friday afternoon. Always a great rally with good friends in attendence. Weather looks to be good again this year.

Crusading to Finger Lakes Rally...

Sir Chasman and Lady Julie
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Quote Originally Posted by zoridog View Post
    The people at the Finger Lakes rally, on the other hand, are such a pleasure to be around. The people who feed you are great. If you need help with your bike, someone will voluntarily fix it for you. They have a flea market with motorcycle gear. I have been thoroughly entertained by strangers with whom I share a table for breakfast or dinner. I see people drinking beer but no one is acting drunk.

Finger Lakes Rally people are the best! There ... I said it.
    This is a great rally with great people, fine food and very good riding for me to get there.

I usually don't see anyone drunk there but a few years ago someone was yelling out about the Hurricane Ernesto arrival. He would yell its 1 AM.....its 2 AM etc ......and Hurricane Ernesto is not here yet.......well finally it did arrive and soaked the place yet it was still a great event.

This year I bet the same guy will be yelling out its ..........AM and where is Hurricane Earl...?......at least this time I can yell back, his forks are here.
    Last edited by Statdawg; 08-31-2010 at 04:32 AM.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

where is Hurricane Earl...?......at least this time I can yell back, his forks are here.
    Statdawg - that is priceless!

Muriel
    BMW MOA Secretary
    '07 F650 '12 F650 twin
    Running on One Cylinder - except when running on two

+1 What he said!

Praying my bike is fixed by Thursday, I got FD issues.
    When I don't attend Finger Lakes, the rest of my year stinks.

Ernesto in 2006 was something from the twilight zone.
    People found out how well their tents were made, that's for sure.
    Sig? What's a Sig?

Great Rally

Have to agree this is one of favourite rallies of the year. Can't wait to see all our BWM friends and raise a shot (or two or ..) of Tuaca.

Sir Darby and Lady Scarlet (a.k.a. Darryl and Terry)
    Ambassadors
    Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333

First Rally

Hi all,

I am heading to the Finger Lakes Rally too. I just made the change from a HD Road King to an RT in June and this will be my first BMW Rally. It sounds like a great time. My wife and I have heard that they are a good time with some nice riders. We are looking forward to learning a lot about BMWs and making some new friends.

See you there!

Jim

hope to make it?

Will they have a tire vendor there? I can make it but have worn tires and a slow leak would like to change it while I am there they had a vendor a few years back if I recall. If I dont make it hope to go to Vermont and salvage a nice Sept rally.
    Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the mind!
    1995 PD GS
    1995 R1100RS
    Tomos Mopeds

1st Finger Lakes Rally

I got my 2009 RT last July and planned to attend Finger Lakes for the first time after hearing about it for years. Unfortunately I got this leg infection last August that put me in the hospital and unable to ride for a month for more. So here I am a year later, glad to be alive and ready to go on vacation tomorrow with my RT, first stop is The Finger Lakes Rally and while I'm there I think I'll hike the Gorge Trail in the park and see all the waterfalls, it looks amazing on the internet. On Monday when the rally breaks I'm headed to the Blue Ridge Parkway and North Carolina for a week of riding the roads. I can't wait, my last day of work today is going to feel like an eternity! See you all there! Don

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemeup View Post
    ............while I'm there I think I'll hike the Gorge Trail in the park and see all the waterfalls, it looks amazing on the internet.............

The Gorge is great, a real must see when in the area.

TravelsWithBarley.com
    This rally was on my to do list, but conflicted with Goldstock (woodstock for golden retrievers) in NE PA. So Barley and I will be in PA, but plan to ride thru the Finger Lakes region on our loop back home.

No dogs allowed at the rally, but please do wave if you see a handsome golden in a bright yellow hack on Sunday or Monday. I just couldn't pass on the opportunity to camp with hundreds of golden retrievers!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Brett
    Cant wait either, great wine great restaurants all around the lakes and great friends. Hope the 40 year old Beemer is up to the task

zoridog

DOG How can we recocnize you?
    Beemup from Maine if your done in a week down souyh head back up north for the vermont rally on yur way home ?
    just a thought?
    Last edited by biketrax; 09-02-2010 at 01:20 AM.
    Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the mind!
    1995 PD GS
    1995 R1100RS
    Tomos Mopeds

Quote Originally Posted by biketrax View Post
    Will they have a tire vendor there? I can make it but have worn tires and a slow leak would like to change it while I am there they had a vendor a few years back if I recall. If I dont make it hope to go to Vermont and salvage a nice Sept rally.
    The No Mar tire changer people are suppose to be there. They usually bring a supply of tires with them.

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nplenzick View Post
    The No Mar tire changer people are suppose to be there. They usually bring a supply of tires with them.
    Do they offer rally deals on the changers..?
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley