Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Colors in the Catskills 3

And I thought this "free" event cost me a lot! Good work
    Karl

2007 K1200GT
    1987 K75C - sold

Quote Originally Posted by bruche View Post
    I thought it might be fun to go to Whaky Hat.A freind of mine said you should go to Color in the Catskills and take the off road course instead.So I booked two nites of camping.OK$30.00.But then I needed off road tires and while at Max I might as well get my oil changed.OK $510.00.So while I was there they had this sweet 09 Triumph Bonneville they had just taken on trade.Ok$5700.00.I hope theweather is good this weekkend.
    BMW = Bring My Wallet . . . well, in this case, YOUR wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Luvs2Ride View Post
    Is a specific schedule of events and times, and a list of vendors available yet? I've already been to the Hunter Montain Website and the Color in the Catskills website, and they just list general things like bands, food, beer, Max's Demo truck, etc.

Thanks and looking forward to riding some great roads and meeting some other riders!
    We will be there with our Roadgear and Powerlet products including some pretty good deals on heated gear.

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Colors 3

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Is there a vertical ride to the top of the mountain again this year, using the ski slopes?

Fred
    Summit rides are part of the TEAM MAX experience. I do believe they will be happening, but check in with Max at the BMW Demo truck when you arrive for specific information.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

I hope the rain doesn't scare too many people away like last year. I'm leaving today as soon as the rain stops and taking the long way up. See you guys there!

Rob

We'll be leaving in a few hours. The weather looks good for the weekend just a little on the cool side. The waterfalls in the area should be spectacular!

Leaving soon, Just about stopped raining in the Albany area. Great weather predicted for the weekend.

Josh

I won't be attending, but please buy a T-shirt from Friedle and give him a hearty thanks for his outstanding work and efforts for this event.

DPRYAN

heads up re: camping

The Hunter website is advising that on-site camping has been cancelled due to the storms. I believe the alternate campground they're suggesting is about 10 mi. away.

Quote Originally Posted by dpryan View Post
    The Hunter website is advising that on-site camping has been cancelled due to the storms. I believe the alternate campground they're suggesting is about 10 mi. away.
    WTF??? Part of the reason why I'm going is for the Octoberfest. I'd like to be able to drink and not have to worry about a 10 mile ride back to a pool of mudd.

Quote Originally Posted by BeemerGS74 View Post
    WTF??? Part of the reason why I'm going is for the Octoberfest. I'd like to be able to drink and not have to worry about a 10 mile ride back to a pool of mudd.
    I agree. I'm not too happy about this. Not that I'm mad at Hunter Mnt. The weather is not their fault. But I'm still disappointed.
    Karl

2007 K1200GT
    1987 K75C - sold

I just called North Lake State park and they're full. The girl said it's not raining now but they did get about 6 inches of rain last night and there was some damage. Anybody know of any other places? I'm not ready to give up on this weekend just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BeemerGS74 View Post
    Anybody know of any other places? I'm not ready to give up on this weekend just yet.

Devils Tombstone is reasonably close, don't know about availability

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24462.html

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...&parkCode=devi
    ride what you've got; enjoy the road you're on!

Reid - Stone Ridge, NY - MOA #69187 - Turbo Fluffy Motoclub - IBA #50182

A list of area campgrounds will be posted shortly.

Josh

Updated Weather

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Colors In The Catskills....updated news.

The Rally will go on as planned but the vendors are having a difficult time getting here today so please bear with us.

It's 3pm and most of the motorcycle vendors are on-site although it's still raining and set up is a slow go.

The BMW Test Drive rig has also arrived and will be here on Sunday as well.....that's right....2 days of test drives.

MAX will be running their dirt clinics and mountain rides as planned....just arrive and sign up at the test drive area. MAX said he will accommodate all who want to take a dirt clinic....WHAT A GUY!

Makeshift camping is available at Hunter Mountain! We will allow sleeping bags...commune style in our Learning Center or find yourself a grassy spot in the parking lots or on the western side of the base lodge and have at it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Camping is available at North Lake Campground, Rip Van Winkle in Saugerties, & Devils Tombstone. There are still some rooms available at local lodging establishments but assuredly they will fill in tonight.

There is also this post on ADVRIDER for those interested in a free place to camp. This guy's got a brother who has a field a mile from Hunter. Here's his quote and contact info list on ADVRIDER.

still lots of room in our field.. I'm gonna load up the bikes and head to Hunter... Call or text for directions.. 607 437 4946.

Nick the Barber went out with MAX and Rob Nye to scout some trails for the Barber ride...hope you all like them.

We'll see you this weekend!
    Last edited by Czarnazoo; 10-01-2010 at 07:45 PM.