Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CA/WI loop

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Thanks for the report Paul, and glad you made it home OK. Looks like you had a fantastic trip.

I had planned to travel to the Beartooth today, but the 911 got brushed by a City transit bus on Saturday, and is hors de combat.

hope you're up and running soon. The top of Beartooth did remind me of Switzerland. The wildflowers above the treeline, morraine left behind by some glacier in the good old, old, days, freshness galore, the secret weather system that isn't any thing like the valley before or after..... The only thing missing was the large Chalet serving fondue and raclette. There is a restaurant at the top of the climb but it didn't have the right vibe for me.
    "Plans are meaningless, planning is everything." Dwight Eisenhower

...[the] restaurant...didn't have the right vibe for me...Franze
    I've never been able to figure out why North Americans can't couple fine dining with the mountain top experience. The only exception I can think of is the Eagle's Eye Restaurant at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, Golden, B.C.

An amazing place:

Golden is about an hour west of Lake Louise. Here's the link, and don't miss this if you're in the area:

http://www.kickinghorseresort.com/re...agles-eye.aspx

Anyway, at least Red Lodge and Cooke City have some cool places.

...hope you're up and running soon...
    Thanks; the car is out for the rest of the season, and then it's going on the block in the spring. I've had my fun with it, and a local shop has a good deal on a Duc ST 2....
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."