Thread: geotags inbedded in photo's

Fof Rally Bast'd at Large rocketman's Avatar

Exclamation geotags inbedded in photo's

Some of you probably already know about this but I thought it might be interesting for anyone who posts pics esp. ones taken with a smart phone. Some of the newer cameras have this as well and it can be handy for remembering where one took a picture, I know there are plenty of times I wish I remembered where I took a pic! Sometimes I even take a pic with my iphone while shooting for just that reason but I never post those online.
    If you know about it and remove the data before uploading them then you're safe, but many are not aware the data is there and that it can be easily viewed.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Web-Ph....html?x=0&.v=1

RM
    "A man isn't totally drunk if he can lie on the floor without hanging on!" Joe Louis; comedian
    "I'll make a deal with you, I won't bore with my Science if you don't bore me with your Politics!" Lionel Barrymore from the 1929 film "The Mysterious Island"

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    If you know about it and remove the data before uploading them then you're safe...
    I dunno... I can't live that afraid of a supposition.

Black Ice scares me.
    Not that.
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    I dunno... I can't live that afraid of a supposition.

Black Ice scares me.
    Not that.

I even wrote a Mac application to add geotag info to photos. Of course the latest versions of iPhoto and Aperture make that app redundant.