Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: All-Purpose Boots

Does anyone know if these are any good?

I usually have had very good success w/Alpinestars products but the price is so low - makes me wonder if they're worth a toot.

LINK

Thanks,

Brad

Bryan

Still Searching

I've been in the same boat on boots, what would work for both motorcycling and my work place?

My work environment is around transportation and I require an oil resistant shoe. I have a current pair of Red Wings I have been wearing since 2002, my fourth overall pair since 1986, so they last a long time. I did resole the current pair two years ago, couldn't give up the "broke-in" feeling of the well worn boots.

These Red Wing boots are great for riding, insofar as protecting the ankle, giving a good grip on the road to stop/stand and I can wear them for 16 hours/day. This is great for only having to have one pair of work-shoes/boots. However, they are lace-up, which doesn't bother me too much on a shaft-drive, but our other bikes have a chain or belt, and I'm not comfortable with that.

I haven't quite found a pair of Red Wings that would be either a partial zip-up or other options, other than pure "Cowboy" boot, which I'm not thrilled with, nor do I care for the "Harley-Buckle" style either.

Anyway, thanks for the topic info from everyone, interesting ideas to look at.

Scotchale
    04 RT
    98 650
    05 CS
    10 650 Twin