Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Pies are round

  1. #1
    Prefers to play martinph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Armstrong, BC
    Posts
    689

    Pies are round

    OK folks, important business. I am trying to compile a list of all the Great pie places in the American Pacific northwest, BC and Alberta. I am not talking about a good piece of pie; IÔÇÖm talking about the best you have ever tasted. It must have wow factor, OMG that was good! Etc.
    I want to stick with pie: Cake and squares are for another time. It must be available to the general public. (No, my aunt sally makes the best.)
    Please include Name, Address and location of the Restaurant.
    Results will be posted in the Pie Charts on Valley BMW Riders Website.
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8
    How about the Chilliwack Airport restaurant.

    Great pie !!!

    Ron

  3. #3
    Survivor akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Land of the Big Sky
    Posts
    3,892
    Hilltop Cafe, Mile 5.5 Elliot Highway. North of Fairbanks, Alaska. Last gas and pie before you hit the Dalton Highway (Haul Road). Hey, who can doubt the taste of the Ice Road Truckers. You did say the Pacfic Northwest and you can't get more north nor west than Alaska while being on the Pacific.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

  4. #4
    Prefers to play martinph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Armstrong, BC
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    Hilltop Cafe, Mile 5.5 Elliot Highway. North of Fairbanks, Alaska. Last gas and pie before you hit the Dalton Highway (Haul Road). Hey, who can doubt the taste of the Ice Road Truckers. You did say the Pacfic Northwest and you can't get more north nor west than Alaska while being on the Pacific.
    Of course we include Alaska, just an oversight on my part.
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Retired User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    290
    Gizdich Ranch, Watsonville, CA. http://www.gizdich-ranch.com/index.php?gr=bakeshop Mmmmmm, pie.
    Bill Mayer
    MOA #98888
    R1200RT

  7. #7
    Retired User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by martinPH View Post
    Results will be posted in the Pie Charts on Valley BMW Riders Website.
    But, wait! You want our input but you won't be posting the results on this site?!?!
    At least post a link.
    Bill Mayer
    MOA #98888
    R1200RT

  8. #8
    Prefers to play martinph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Armstrong, BC
    Posts
    689
    Yes the results will be posted, along with a link. Keep em coming
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Posts
    48
    Park Cafe in St Mary's Montana on the east side of the Going to the Sun Pass.. only open seasonally and have T-shirts and Mugs to attest to the quality of their pies... breakfast is pretty good there as well...

  10. #10
    Prefers to play martinph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Armstrong, BC
    Posts
    689

    Pies are Us.

    Not as many replies as I was thinking I would get.
    Here are the pie places sent in so far.
    Maybe we should do an Iron Butt ride and check them all out (Or would it be a Fat butt ride?)



    Alaska

    Hilltop Caf?®
    Mile 5.5 Elliot Hwy.
    North of Fairbanks Alaska.


    British Columbia

    Airport Coffee Shop.
    46244 Airport Rd.
    Chilliwack BC.
    At the Airport just off of Hwy One.

    Chilcotin Hotel.
    Alexis Creek BC.
    On Hwy 20 (on way to Bella Coola)

    Canyon Alpine Caf?®.
    Boston Bar, BC.
    Just north of Boston Bar on Hwy one.

    Kootenay Caf?®.
    Yahk BC.
    On hwy 3

    Chums Restaurant.
    Cache Creek, BC.
    Junction Hwy 1 and 97.

    Horstings Farm.
    Cache Creek, BC.
    Hwy 97 Just North of Cache Creek.

    The Brown Derby Caf?®.
    Main Street
    Armstrong, BC

    The Hitchin Post.
    Hedley BC.
    In Town, 2 blocks off of Hwy 3

    Washington

    The Duck Brand Restaurant.
    Main Street,
    Winthrop WA.

    Deception Pass Caf?® and Grill
    Hwy 20
    Just West of Deception Pass bridge.


    Oregan

    Willamette Valley Fruit Co.
    2994 82 Ave, NE.
    Salem OR.

    California

    Gizdich Ranch
    55 Peckham Road.
    Watsonville California.

    Montana

    Park Caf?®,
    St Mary's Montana.
    On Hwy 89.

    Utah

    Sunglow Family Restaurant
    91 East Main
    Bicknell, Utah
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

  11. #11
    MAYLETT
    Guest
    Well, I notice you've got one submission from southern Utah, which isn't exactly the Pacific NW, but one mention of a southern Utah pie location begs another. That being the case, the Bumbleberry Inn Restaurant just outside of Zion National Park in Springdale, Utah, is famous for their, aptly named, bumbleberry pies. Here's the URL: http://www.bumbleberry.com/restaurant.html

  12. #12
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    Posts
    4,530
    Sorry I didn't get this in sooner, but old age is catching up with me and I just couldn't remember the name of the place.

    In Spokane is Cyrus O'Leary's Restaurant. They make fabulous pies. The group I was with went there twice during the MOA rally up there, once just for dessert. Really excellent pies.

    Cyrus O'Leary's
    516 W. Main ÔÇó Spokane, WA 99201
    Phone 509.624.9000 ÔÇó Fax 509-838-6824

    And for those of you who really like pie, there's always Weebl & Bob.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

  13. #13
    Registered User widebmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,124
    If you are that far South you should to go to Pie Town, New Mexico.
    September would be good.

    http://www.pietowncouncil.com/pie_fe..._location.html

  14. #14
    PlaneGeek
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by martinPH View Post
    Not as many replies as I was thinking I would get.
    Here are the pie places sent in so far.
    Maybe we should do an Iron Butt ride and check them all out (Or would it be a Fat butt ride?)



    Alaska

    Hilltop Caf?®
    Mile 5.5 Elliot Hwy.
    North of Fairbanks Alaska.


    British Columbia

    Airport Coffee Shop.
    46244 Airport Rd.
    Chilliwack BC.
    At the Airport just off of Hwy One.

    Chilcotin Hotel.
    Alexis Creek BC.
    On Hwy 20 (on way to Bella Coola)

    Canyon Alpine Caf?®.
    Boston Bar, BC.
    Just north of Boston Bar on Hwy one.

    Kootenay Caf?®.
    Yahk BC.
    On hwy 3

    Chums Restaurant.
    Cache Creek, BC.
    Junction Hwy 1 and 97.

    Horstings Farm.
    Cache Creek, BC.
    Hwy 97 Just North of Cache Creek.

    The Brown Derby Caf?®.
    Main Street
    Armstrong, BC

    The Hitchin Post.
    Hedley BC.
    In Town, 2 blocks off of Hwy 3

    Washington

    The Duck Brand Restaurant.
    Main Street,
    Winthrop WA.

    Deception Pass Caf?® and Grill
    Hwy 20
    Just West of Deception Pass bridge.


    Oregan

    Willamette Valley Fruit Co.
    2994 82 Ave, NE.
    Salem OR.

    California

    Gizdich Ranch
    55 Peckham Road.
    Watsonville California.

    Montana

    Park Caf?®,
    St Mary's Montana.
    On Hwy 89.

    Utah

    Sunglow Family Restaurant
    91 East Main
    Bicknell, Utah
    Hold on... Something's missing:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Posts
    48
    Just a valley or two to the east from the Valley Riders home is the Pepperbox Bistro located in Salmo BC.. newly opened and I have been advised they have great pies...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •