Thread: HELP: Lost Saddlebag In Maine

Hybrid View

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada

HELP: Lost Saddlebag In Maine

Sad but true. My left saddlebag dismounted somewhere between Cornish, Maine-route 25- and Brooks, Maine (near Belfast). Some of 25 was like the dry heaves every four feet while the area near Belfast had a number of very rough back roads. Lost my Nikkon and some sentimental T Shirts. Maybe someone has seen it or heard about someone finding one. Mine looked like the following right side buddy:

Likely I will have to just forget about it and get a new-to-me left bag. However, I will give y'all a shout first. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

a hopeful bump.....
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

RK Ryder
    Bob, I fear that some day I may have the same thing happen to me. However, if it does, I do have taped on the bags' outside, on the wheel side of each, a note (protected by packing tape) explaining that I am on tour with only camping supplies and dirty laundry inside my locked case, along with my Cdn and American cell #s listed. As well, the bottom of my cases are covered with orange reflective tape in case they (or I) land upside down in a ditch, making them easier to spot. With any luck, I might receive a phone call to come and retrieve the wayward pannier.

Hope that your bag gets back to you.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    Bob, I fear that some day I may have the same thing happen to me. However, if it does, I do have taped on the bags' outside, on the wheel side of each, a note (protected by packing tape) explaining that I am on tour with only camping supplies and dirty laundry inside my locked case, along with my Cdn and American cell #s listed. As well, the bottom of my cases are covered with orange reflective tape in case they (or I) land upside down in a ditch, making them easier to spot. With any luck, I might receive a phone call to come and retrieve the wayward pannier.

Hope that your bag gets back to you.
    As usual Paul, some well thought out suggestions. Once I get all set up again I will be doing the same! Now, where are those old leather cruiser bags that I packed away somewhere - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Bob I posted this link in the Maine Rider's thread on ADV. Hope you get a lead.
    Lost your camera?
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    Bob I posted this link in the Maine Rider's thread on ADV. Hope you get a lead.
    Lost your camera?
    thanks Gail....much appreciated! Camera: one of three but it was the most expensive one.... sigh. Oh well, it's just stuff and we made it back from the RA safe and somewhat sound. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com