Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cedar city rally

Cedar city rally

Anyone been to one of these BMW events. I'm thinking about going to Cedar City Utah in Sept. What should expect. Is there camping or only hotel/motel?

Quote Originally Posted by 85801 View Post
    Anyone been to one of these BMW events. I'm thinking about going to Cedar City Utah in Sept. What should expect. Is there camping or only hotel/motel?
    I just stumbled across this event on the web site last night. I registered immediately and snagged a hotel room. I've never been to an MOA sponsored "weekend getaway," but I've been to similar weekends in Death Valley sponsored by Edelweiss. From the description, it doesn't sound like a full-on rally with camping. It sounds like a group of riders gathering at the Crystal Inn.
    Paul Beck (#122799)
    Long Beach, CA

2006 R 1200 GS
    2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910S

Visit My Web Site or My Roaadtrip Web Log

Sound like they had a grand time last year:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...ght=Cedar+City

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Thanks for the information. All registered and signed up to go. Looks like a good time

The Cedar City event last year was my first BMWMOA event ever and it was a blast. So much so that I'm going back again this year. The host hotel is a small Utah based chain of a few properties and the rooms are very clean with fridge, microwave, DVD player and wireless Internet.

Since I live just down the road 175 miles or so in Las Vegas I went back up last weekend to scout more GS type routes and beat the heat here in Vegas. On or off road the scenery is gorgeous.

Two weekends from now I'm going back up to spend four days in and around the Bryce / Escalante / Hwy 12 area looking for more GS routes.

RobStar

Here's a few shots from last year:

I'll be back again this year as well. I was kinda sad that the Napa ride earlier this year was cancelled due to inadequate sign-ups, but I'm looking forward to having a second chance to see a little more of Zion NP this time.
    Andy
    His: 2009 R1200 RT, in Biarritzblau
    Hers: 2008 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie

thinking of coming from Michigan. wasnt able to make the national this year but wanted to make a trip out west. how is the weather out there this time of year. is it worth the trip?
    mark
    Mark West
    BMWMOA#99301
    99 K1200LT- champagne

Last year it was an absolutely sparkling weekend and warm but not uncomfortably so. Hoping for the same this year. It's close to the Arizona border anyway, so this is a pretty dry part of the country.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by zzkvsl View Post
    thinking of coming from Michigan. wasnt able to make the national this year but wanted to make a trip out west. how is the weather out there this time of year. is it worth the trip?
    mark
    Well, it'll be fall in Utah, and I remember Septembers where it didn't rain at all, and others where it rained all month long. The chances are that it will be nice, though — September is usually predictably pleasant. The elevation changes in the area are considerable also. Within 50 miles of Cedar City you'll find highways below 3,000 feet and those above 10,000 feet. In one day, you could have temperatures in the low 90s F near St. George, and that dip to near freezing at Bryce Canyon. The same day could see warm sunshine in the desert areas, and rain over the mountain passes.

In other words, no guarantees, but I'd be willing to bet on it being fantastic.
    '09 BMW R1200RT, '81 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Is any one from Arizona going to the Cedar City Rally?

Bill in Phoenix

We just joined and live in Utah, so we were really excited to see this rally - until we went to register and found out is is sold out! Is there a waiting list? Is the event limited by the number of hotel rooms? We really want to be there to meet lots of other folks!

I know a few people who are going to Cedar City, UT that weekend and I heard that they are staying at the same motel and going on rides in the same area.

They did that last year also but they did not pay the $79.00 fee or get the dinner.

You should check with MOA. there were last minute cancellations last year so maybe there will be again. I know they don't really want to turn people away.
    Andy

Great time

Four of us were returning through Cedar City as part of our 10 day National Park tour last year and adjusted our schedule so we would be there Friday Night for at least the meet and greet.

It was a great time and although we had to leave Saturday morning, we met some great folks and had a few adult beverages and snacks. We met Jackie Hughes and Ted Moyer who convinced us to put on our own Rally, which we did the "Treasures of Yosemite" Rally.

As timing and luck would have it, the MOA has scheduled another Rally during the same time we will be in the area, but our timing will be off this year.

If you can swing it, make the ride.

Steve Lionbarger
    Expresso Riders
    Charter Club Liason

Less than three weeks to go until the Cedar City rally! I'm really looking forward to hopping on my GT and getting out of the LA area. I look forward to meeting some of my fellow MOA members.
    Paul Beck (#122799)
    Long Beach, CA

2006 R 1200 GS
    2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910S

Visit My Web Site or My Roaadtrip Web Log