Thread: Rt 3 Ontario

Hybrid View

Rt 3 Ontario

Thinking about taking a trip with some friends and part of the ride will go through Ontario from Windsor eastward to Niagra Falls. Considering traveling Rt 3. Any thoughts, recommendations or warnings about doing this? What is 3 like? Thanks.

angysdad
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    What is 3 like? Thanks.
    It kind of like an 8, but with the left side missing.
    Sorry couldn't resist.

Route 3 is bucolic, but a safe easy ride. As always in ON watch for deer, especially at dawn and dusk. When are you coming? Watch out for Friday aug. 13th. It is the only Friday the 13th this year and will be huge, so there will be lots of bikes on the roads and a huge police presence.

Holly

"It kind of like an 8, but with the left side missing.
    Sorry couldn't resist."

I am going to remember that one. You are crazy.

Holly,

Thanks. That is sort of how it looks from aerial photos and maps. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something particularly bad about the route. I think we will be passing through there the week before Friday, August 13. I appreciate the warning. Traveling there during the 13th would have been a disaster.

Holly,

had a short, but pleasant ride through part of Ontario. Took Rt. 3 from Leamington to Port Stanley. We then worked our way up to Port Dalhousie. QEW was packed and going nowhere so we slipped over to Niagara Falls via 406/Thorold. I was surprised at how flat the area around Rt. 3 is. The soil appears so rich. Many windmill farms. No traffic except for the QEW. Pretty towns. Folks were friendly and helpful. We had a great experience.