Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Rally.....HUGE Omission

From MARS
    Had he been honored at the Rally, I would probably never have heard of his accomplishment or seen a picture of what must be a really nice person. I, for one, am glad he is getting his recognition here.

FWIW, I would love to read a story about this man, and I hope that someday I get to meet him.

Tom

Norm is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I did not know about his accident just a few days before the rally.

Glad he made it to Redmond this year!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Director - Ambassador
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

I have some questions I'd like to ask Norm. Can someone send me a way to contact via PM?? Thanks.

PM sent to bmw rider.

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    If this isn't worthy of an article in the ON - complete with photos of Norm at rallies over the decades and stories of the obstacles he's overcome to continue his streak - then I have no idea what purpose the ON serves.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I think it would be great if the OP wrote an ON article about Norm and his accomplishments.
    Yes! I agree.

Carey?

(BTW, thanks for pointing out this thread to me. And se you at the meeting tomorrow.)

In defense of the volunteers who worked so hard on awards,
    I also noticed the absence of any mention of Norm's achievements. He's a really nice guy and seems to be fairly modest about his achievements. It would not surprise me if he did not submit this to the awards committee at the rally. He was recognized in the past, as Sue R-M mentioned. Of course, each year this is a new achievement, however he will remain forever, the last pioneer to ride his own motorcycle to all XX rallies where XX will hopefully remain an annually increasing number. The first year that this was true it was significant. In that sense, he himself has diminished the notoriety of his award for subsequent years.

best,
    hank
    Hank Barta
    K1200RS, R100R/Velorex 700
    Beautiful Sunny Winfield, IL