Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great Rally.....HUGE Omission

Great Rally.....HUGE Omission

Thanks to everybody who put in alot of hard work to make this a great rally in a perfect location! Somewhat warm, but more than offset with beautiful country and great riding.

At the closing ceremonies, of which I was not in attendance, it was pointed out to me how a particular individual was honored for a personal achievment of many miles ridden. That is worth a good mention. IMHO, a far greater accomplishment was not mentioned and that is the accomplishment of my fellow Chicago Region club member and BMWMOA pioneer, Norm Phoenix who attended his 38th consecutive rally and he has ridden his BMW to every single one. More importantly, Norm was involved in a crash the week before when a car turned in front of him, forcing him down with considerable damage to his bike and a great many bruises. Demonstrating his committment to the MOA rally, Norm got on his K1200 and made the trip from Chicago in 4 days and arrived to continue his record as the only BMWMOA member to ride to and attend every single rally in the history of the MOA. Here is a picture of Norm after arriving at the rally. Our hats are off to you Norm and here is the recognition you have earned and deserve. Well Done!
    Attached Images Attached Images

cheesewhiz
    Way cool!

Rally Rat
    Norm is certainly amazing for having this accomplishment notched on his belt. There could be a special mention in the magazine, couldn't there!?

Also, happy to hear that he's obviously doing okay after his spill.

Go, Norm!

Amazing accomplishment!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Norm, this is an amazing accomlishment. I have the utmost respect for you. You are an amazing indivudual and deserve the recognition which has surpassed you. You are an amazing person. I want to be like you.

Chuck Senn
    R1200RY (Red)

I'm impressed. Wish I could boast even half that. Congrats, Norm.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

nice smile!
    respect!!

-tp
    '11 F800R

Quote Originally Posted by careycsg;601207 IMHO, a far greater accomplishment was not mentioned and that is the accomplishment of my fellow Chicago Region club member and BMWMOA pioneer, Norm Phoenix who attended his 38th consecutive rally and he has [B
    ridden[/B] his BMW to every single one. More importantly, Norm was involved in a crash the week before when a car turned in front of him, forcing him down with considerable damage to his bike and a great many bruises. Demonstrating his committment to the MOA rally, Norm got on his K1200 and made the trip from Chicago in 4 days and arrived to continue his record as the only BMWMOA member to ride to and attend every single rally in the history of the MOA. Here is a picture of Norm after arriving at the rally. Our hats are off to you Norm and here is the recognition you have earned and deserve. Well Done!
    Helmet's off to you Norm!! Norm is a true "pioneer". Glad he wasn't insured in his mishap, and was able to attend his 38th rally!!
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar

I agree...

Some of the back slapping could have been lessened by bringing this to the forefront during closing ceremonies.
    With all the hoopla raised for 1st timers of which I was overlooked...

This feat is certainly worthy of a mention.
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Norm is a bad ass!

That sounds impossible.....wow...I am blown away.
    And here I am whining that I probably won't be able to make next years!
    I'd love to see a picture thread of Norm at all of them!

Congrats Man! You are my freakin' hero!

If you can't go fast with 100hp, you can't go fast with 200hp.

Rally Rat

I've got one! Sturgis, MI Rally 2009

Norm at last year's 2009 Sturgis MI Rally.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Norm is a Rider!

Norm was one of five Pioneers (those members that attended all of the first ten MOA National Rallies) in attendence and recognized on stage at the 35th Rally in West Bend. At that time he was the only one to have attended and ridden to all 35 rallies. Norm is a great person and a really good guy. If you get the chance to meet him, do it! You'll be glad you did.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

It proves that

It proves that when the going get tough, the tough get going.

On article

I think it would be great if the OP wrote an ON article about Norm and his accomplishments.

In defense of the volunteers who worked so hard on awards, if you don't tell them, they don't necessarily know. I was supposed to be the awards co-chair but never made the rally. I put a plea on the Canadian Meet and Greet thread for fellow Canadians to help out. I know they did. Other people filled in and did a superb job of doing the awards, with very little advance notice. I'm sure they would have loved to recognize Norm had they know.

Holly

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I think it would be great if the OP wrote an ON article about Norm and his accomplishments.

In defense of the volunteers who worked so hard on awards, if you don't tell them, they don't necessarily know. I was supposed to be the awards co-chair but never made the rally. I put a plea on the Canadian Meet and Greet thread for fellow Canadians to help out. I know they did. Other people filled in and did a superb job of doing the awards, with very little advance notice. I'm sure they would have loved to recognize Norm had they know.

Holly
    sorry to hijack, but you were missed at the rally, Holly!
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923