Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who's camping and who's hoteling?

sherpa

camping

I am going to be camping...not sure which of the three camping sites though ...maybe I'll ride over there and scope things out since I am only about 4 hours of beautiful mountain roads away.

Hoteling it. Residennce Inn. Like the whole hot shower and bar gig at the end of the day of riding!

Hoteling. Somehow I think I wound up w/two different reservations too, so I'll post one here for the gang to use, but I still need to find the details.

looking forward to it.

warredon

Talking

I may not make it this year, but if I do I'll be chillin at a motel. 2

I plan on making the rally ... and I'll be hoteling it. My idea of "roughing it" is slow room service.
    Actually, it's a day trip for me but I want to take the time to soak the scene in. It will be my second national. I also attended the 2000 Midland, Michigan National.

Thumbs up I like camping and sleep well.

Why should I pay lot's of money to just sleep ?

The showers ? Take one at night when all are drinking in the bars !

Nothing is better when you have all the guys together talking about bikes.
    I do not , can not see them all in my hotel room. But at the Camp Ground I can pick and choose the people and the subjects.

And ......... I have 3 person tent for the ladies that can not sleep alone. Ha Ha.

Rough it !

Hotel!

My old aching bones insist.

I love to camp but I also like hot showers, a soft bed and quiet. My son, brother, a friend and I all have gotten our own rooms.

Originally posted by mark1150rt
    I love to camp but I also like hot showers, a soft bed and quiet. My son, brother, a friend and I all have gotten our own rooms.
    I too love to camp, but after a full day of being hyperstimulated by all the bikes and people, I'm usually ready for a little time in a quieter place.

I've camped at Moodus (found a nice quiet spot by the BMW truck, back in the shrubs), Oshkosh and Redmond. The best rally camping, for me, anyway, was at Rheinbeck where we camped in the livestock stalls. We had a nice picnic table to hang out at, the tent stayed out of the sun and the shavings put a nice cushy base under the thermarest. Very nice. I enjoyed camping in those spots.

In Durango, we had a hotel room right down the street from the fairgrounds. It was fantastic. Too hot? Need some quiet for a bit? Walk to the room, turn on the A/C and have a BEvERage.

They both have their attraction and I can't honestly say that one is better than the other. They're just different. Kind of like BMW's various models.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.