Thread: Buying directly from Migsel

Buying directly from Migsel

Greetings !

I would like to add a Migsel GPS mount to my 2004 R1150RT for my Zumo 660. I haven't found a source for the mount domestic to the USofA. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with purchasing directly from Migsel ?

Right now, the above mount is Ôé¼88.00 (~ $114 USD) for their All-In-Price. Good price if it doesn't encounter $100 in tariffs upon importation.

Thanks !
    JD Watson
    2004 R1150RT
    "Too much of a good thing is not enough..."

Quote Originally Posted by jdwatson View Post
    Right now, the above mount is Ôé¼88.00 (~ $114 USD) for their All-In-Price. Good price if it doesn't encounter $100 in tariffs upon importation.
    No tariffs on most motorcycle parts. I purchased a light bar from Migsel. The only issue was with what one of the post offices did to the box

I was in contact with the vender to let him know he needs to beef up is packing for the light bars. Got a quick answer where he offered to ship a replacement unit. Wasn't needed. I got the bar back as good as new with the help of a press. Plus, it was going on my GS which meant it was just going to be bent, again, sometime in the future.

http://www.snafu.org/pics/r1200gs/lightbar/

Don't think twice, order it and then be a little patient. No problems at all when I bought one two or three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by markgoodrich View Post
    don't think twice, order it and then be a little patient. No problems at all when i bought one two or three years ago.
    +1
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide

Thanks everyone !
    JD Watson
    2004 R1150RT
    "Too much of a good thing is not enough..."

Ordered one about a week ago. Payment went through without a hitch and they said it should be here in 2-3 weeks. I'm not anticipating any problems.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

Quote Originally Posted by jdwatson View Post
    Greetings !

I would like to add a Migsel GPS mount to my 2004 R1150RT for my Zumo 660. I haven't found a source for the mount domestic to the USofA. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with purchasing directly from Migsel ?

Thanks !
    You will have to be verrrrrrry patient. My order took almost 6 weeks to arrive.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    No tariffs on most motorcycle parts.
    So, how do you know what parts will generate a tariff?
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

Quote Originally Posted by 88bmwJeff View Post
    So, how do you know what parts will generate a tariff?
    http://www.usitc.gov/tata/hts/bychapter/index.htm

Happy reading. Chapter 87 is for Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof. Section 8711 is for motorcycles, 8714 covers motorcycle parts. It all depends on how the part is classified.

FWIW in the last dozen years I've never been charged a duty and I used to order a lot of parts from Europe when I was restoring my R69S.

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    http://www.usitc.gov/tata/hts/bychapter/index.htm

Happy reading. Chapter 87 is for Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof. Section 8711 is for motorcycles, 8714 covers motorcycle parts. It all depends on how the part is classified.

FWIW in the last dozen years I've never been charged a duty and I used to order a lot of parts from Europe when I was restoring my R69S.
    Thanks,
    It took a bit of looking, but seats are not subject to tariffs (page 21, heading 8714.11.00).
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

Just as an FYI regarding ordering time, I ordered mine from Migsel (in Belgium) on Aug. 18th and received it Aug. 27th. Expensive, but very nice quality and dirt simple installation. Only slightly odd thing is that the stock screws are T25 Torx and the Migsel-supplied replacement screws are T15, so make sure you have both handy.

Just need the Ram mounting bracket and I'll post some feedback.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715