Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your Mileage for 2004 ?

SheRidesABeemer wrote:
    Thought of you today Voni, during my long commute into the city, I passed a car with the plate: SMILES A dentist or a rider?
    Maybe both ; )

Voni
    not sMiling right now because we're iced in . . .

http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

HODAG
    around 5K for me.
    Which is about the same as my daughter put on her pedal GS.
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark11LT; 01-06-2005 at 02:55 PM.

DZIMBRIC

Cool BMWMOA Mileage Contest results

When do the mileage contest results get published? I logged somewhere around +20K. It helped that I rode the bike when I was working on the road. I don't think I set foot in cage during September or October. I was working in WI and AL.

Scandinavian Guest Galne Dansken's Avatar
    Something like 16.000 miles (26.000 km) of pure twisty Nordic pleasure...

Quote Originally Posted by dzimbric
    When do the mileage contest results get published?
    Generally the April issue of ON has the complete results, BUT there was some mention that they may publish the detail results on line and only publish summary info in ON because with about 2,000 participans the results takes up a lot of space.

I think printing eveyones name is worth the space but that is only my opinion.

Karol Patzer runs the contest and with Sandy and the Board decide how things are done.
    Dave Mishalof
    Escondido, CA
    Charter Life Member # 28793
    IBA # 43

Very cool picture. i would have enjoyed it even more if it were a BMW lol
    Dave Mishalof
    Escondido, CA
    Charter Life Member # 28793
    IBA # 43

Can't Grow It?? Mow it!! bullit7801's Avatar
    Lincoln, NE; Flat, Boring & Windy Great Plains

Good 2004

Let's see. 3,351 miles on the old white 1991 K100RS before it was stolen, wrecked, and totaled by my insurance company on June 7th. New bike started on that same date. The 2001 Red R1100RSA is at the dealers so I don't know the exact milage, but it is very close to 18,040. That makes 17,917 on the new bike since June 7th. Total for 2004, 21,268 miles. An above average year. Since I will be digging out from the snow storm the rest of the week, bike will stay at the dealers for a while. No miles in 2005, yet.
    PMS.

tb
    Tom "Bullit" Buttars
    Ambassador
    1978 R100RS, 2006 F650GS, 2007 F800S

Quote Originally Posted by Dave92029
    I don't feel that I have to travel to Europe, etc. to have a special trip. There are lots of interesting placed in North America.
    Sure enough, but my domestic tour ran me more $ per day than my Euro tour, and my domestic tour didn't even require airfare. Go figure!

With the added bonus of incredible roads and scenery, my Euro tour is a better bang for the buck.

NE Arkansas - Between Goobertown and Buck Snort

BMW miles since '93

The Indianapolis BMW Club awards a plaque to each member who rides at least 10k during the previous year.
    I know there were a couple of years since 1986 when I didn't qualify, but I can't recall which years.
    Here are my stats since '93:
    2004 - 10,163
    2003 - 10,003
    2002 - 10,849
    2001 - 13,548
    2000 - 11,593
    1999 - 11,912
    1998 - 13,115
    1997 - 13,122
    1996 - 13,862
    1995 - 11,378
    1994 - 19,621
    1993 - 21,928
    It should be noted that my divorce from my first wife was in 1993. I'll leave it up to you to decide which was the cause and which the effect.

Cause And Effect

It should be noted that my divorce from my first wife was in 1993. I'll leave it up to you to decide which was the cause and which the effect.
    [/QUOTE]

It Appears To Me The Cause Was Worth The Effort Which Now Is The Effect!!
    Many More Effect sMiles To You.....

A first Year!

My first year on my R. Put just over 22K on her. Commuting, weekends and a great ride to my first National Ralley.
    2002 R1150R (Black)

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar

I just gotta do this

While we're speaking of the miles/sMiles we've done this year, and savored the satisfaction of achieving the various 100K levels, let us not forget another brand that recognizes long-distance efforts. However, that brand begins awards with 10K. Is there something missing here? Why the difference? Hmm?
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

DZIMBRIC

Towed mileage award

Maybe they will change the award to the number of miles you towed your bike. Or the number of hours you posed next to the bike, or the number of beers you drank at the bar you rode your bike to, oh I forgot, they give you a bag for that award.

NE Arkansas - Between Goobertown and Buck Snort
    I thought Manic Mechanic was joking about the Other Brand mileage awards starting at 10k, so I went to www.hog.com. Sure enough, here's what they say about it:

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be a fanatic to reap the benefits of this H.O.G.?« program. But it does help to have a steel posterior. The Mileage Program awards pins, patches, and motorcycle medallions to H.O.G. members just for riding their Harley-Davidson?« motorcycles. (Must be enrolled before mileage counts toward program. Subject to dealer verification. H.O.G.?« Fly & Ride miles may also be counted in your total.) As of 2001, a handful of members reached the 450,000-mile level since the program's original inception in 1989. One has even eclipsed 500,000 miles!

But don't worry, it's not actually a competition. In fact, you'll receive a pin and patch just for enrolling, and mileage awards begin at just 10,000 miles. So even if you never come close to the half-million mile mark, the Mileage Program is still a great way to tell the world, "Hey! I love riding my Harley?«!"

What? They let you count airline miles to and from your rented Harley destination?
    I guess they're saying the sacrifices in comfort, performance and handling make 10,000 miles on a Harley a recognizable achievement.
    Seen in that light, it begins to make sense.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    At least they are riding, and any program that encourages people to ride is pretty good in my not so humble opinion.

Heck my first year of owning the RT I only did 5K.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride