Thread: Subframe parts needed

Subframe parts needed

I have a BMW K100 and I need sidecar parts, I am building my own sidecar, let me know where I can find or make the parts needed to attach to my bike, thanks

After this has accumulated some information/results perhaps it could be "moved" the to the "Pics of your MOUNTING HARDWARE" thread?

Or made into a "sticky" of it's own?

Just thinking out loud.. .. again.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

I've been "sourcing" this stuff for a while myself. The answer seems to be that it's scattered all over the industry.

"Cozy" shows their hardware in a fairly understandable format, but the other manufacturers not so much (unless I've missed their webpages (and if I have please correct me)).

Rod ends and clevises (5/8" or 3/4") are available from sources like McMaster-Carr.

You may, if you haven't already, want to spend some time browsing at Sidecarist.com

edit- BTW, there are a LOAD of helpful souls in this industry... all you have to do is pick up a phone and call 'em.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

For Dennis - photos of mounting points

I can't figure out how to attach photos to PM so here is a photo of the mounting points.
    Here is a photo of the forward mount points for the EML sidecar. I'll see about getting some details later today. Took this photo to document a roadside workaround to uninstall a leaky aux radiator. Done in a hardware parking lot in downtown Peoria, IL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sgtbill
    Duty First!
    86 K100RS EML
    2007 F800ST