Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nomad Tent

Well, i went ahead and ordered the tent. Got it last week and set it up in the backyard yesterday. Easy to set up and has lots of room and is well made. Now it's off to the Finger Lakes Rally for some real world testing!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Curmudgeon in training
    Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    Well, i went ahead and ordered the tent. Got it last week and set it up in the backyard yesterday. Easy to set up and has lots of room and is well made. Now it's off to the Finger Lakes Rally for some real world testing!
    I thought these looked interesting. I haven't had a chance to see one in person and the website wasn't really clear (at least to me). Some quick questions if you have a second.

- Is the tent separate from the fly or is it all one piece?

- If it's a separate fly/tent, can you set up the fly first so if it's raining the inside of the tent doesn't get wet?

- Hows the climate control? Is there lots of venting for those humid rain days without having the rain leak in? Are you able to seal it up if it's windy and cold?

Thanks for posting the pic! I'm interested if you could post more showing more details.

Is it a single wall?

How much venting is there?
    Dallas
    2011 R1200GS Adventure
    Smoke Grey Metallic Matt

The fly and the inner tent can be set up separately, that's the way they designed it. It came attached and i just set it up as one, it's a little easier that way. The front and the back can be opened up for ventilation and the inner tent has side vents, but the fly doesn't. But you could just leave the whole garage part open as well, so the ventilation is pretty good.

Saw 3 at the Finger Lakes Rally. Very neat tent.

How is the pack size on the bike?
    At 13 lbs, it's a lot bigger.
    Sig? What's a Sig?

saw several of these in Redmond. nice and roomy and tall.

they were getting blown pretty heavily by the wind.... didn't seem too strong structurally.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

BACKROAD.ADV
    I have been looking at this tent seems to be a nice tent and well thought out.

But I'm partial to self-supporting tents and dislike being dependent on stakes for set up. Places I camp almost 30% of the time you can't use stakes.

Otherwise this is a very nice tent.

Backroad ADV

Any comments now that you've had it awhile? A picture of the tent packed-up would be much appreciated.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I'm happy with the tent so far, but i only used it once so i can't give any long term updates.

another shot.