Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Road selection E.KY through PA to VT

It isn't what you asked, but, if you have a day to spare in VT...

About 15 or 20 miles east out of Bennington on rte 9 is rte 100. Very scenic road, and combined with rte 30 and 7 it might make for a good little 1/2 day run through the Green Mtn. National Forest. I haven't been there in a number of years, so I can't attest to its current condition, but it used to be my favorite road in all the NE. I'll be hitting the northern end of it in August on my 10 day jaunt around New England.

Enjoy your ride

Thanks for the suggestion, as a retired guy I can do that! I was already giving some thought to a roundabout trip home. I have been in VT several times but never on a bike. We went to NS last fall on a camper trip and came back through rather quickly .

Our plans are starting to come together. We will arrive on Monday afternoon. Tuesday we will stay local,within a 75 mile radius. we're going to leave early Wednesday morning and ride up to Ben & Jerrys (3Hrs) yum yum. from there its only 40 minutes to the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory. from there its about 3 hours back to the Rally site. Then it will be time to relax.
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

Here's a link to some of my favorite PA roads. I'd be glad to offer specifics. And I'm coming your way some day--Elk Hills, WV is my ancestral homeland, and I want to see the old house one more time.

criminaldesign
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    Elk Hills, WV...
    119, another good road to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by criminaldesign View Post
    119, another good road to ride.
    I have myself taking:I-79N,xit near Sutton,19N toward Horner,33E to 119, 119 to US50, then on to Grafton & onward towards area of Paw Paw/Martinsburg for hookup with rt9

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    Here's a link to some of my favorite PA roads. I'd be glad to offer specifics. And I'm coming your way some day--Elk Hills, WV is my ancestral homeland, and I want to see the old house one more time.
    Plan for now:US11N to Chambersburg,Carlisle,PA34N to Newport,Millersburg Ferry,US209 to Jim Thorpe(I took a shower where he did-oldest shower on earth!- in H.S. at Haskell Institute after getting our butts kicked by a Lawrence HS team QB was a guy named John Hadl,later w/SD Chargers)then using the "Statdawg" GPS route thru the Deleware Water Gap toward Milford & Port Jervis. From there I'm still in progress...