Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ipod problems

iJet NAV issue

Alright, I'm satisfied with my iJet NAV. I guess.

When the black plug is in the iTouch, and I fire it up I don't get any sound until I disconnect the earphones and then replug them.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I missing an update?

Noel

Quote Originally Posted by naddy100 View Post
    Alright, I'm satisfied with my iJet NAV. I guess.

When the black plug is in the iTouch, and I fire it up I don't get any sound until I disconnect the earphones and then replug them.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I missing an update?

Noel
    You are not doing it wrong. This is true for most (all?) remotes that work, but weren't actually designed for the current rev of apple devices. When you plug in the remote the touch or iphone thinks it's in a dock and routes sound to the line output pins of the dock connector. When you plug the earphones in the touch or phone assume you want to listen privately, and re-routes the audio to the earphone jack.

I make it a habit to plug in remote, plug in headphones, select the playlist and shuffle mode, then put the device in my pocket and use the remote for mainly start/stop and volume control.

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    When you plug in the remote the touch or iphone thinks it's in a dock and routes sound to the line output pins of the dock connector. When you plug the earphones in the touch or phone assume you want to listen privately, and re-routes the audio to the earphone jack.
    Very cool explanation! Thanks for the insight!

Noel