Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ham Radio Special Event station Possibility

Rharrod

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke
    Please stop and listen, folks.

Nobody should even THINK about asking a group to come into the rally to do this. I will be happy to discuss this on a one-on-one basis.

Thanks -
    Sue
    S o r r y ! I must be a new guy. Nobody should even THINK about asking a group to come into the rally Nobody should even THINK about asking a group to come into the rally Nobody should even THINK about asking a group to come into the rally Nobody should even THINK about asking a group to come Nobody should even THINK Now Sue maybe we can still have some fun! I hope to see you there. No matter, I still like the idea of a ham station there. If I have the time I will take my turn and help run the station. Like someone said, I just may be looking at all the BMW stuff and not find the shack at all!!! 73s

dcreichenbach

SES is more likely than ever.

Happy New Year.

I've contacted Sue and I KNOW that this can be done in a way that will satisfy her requirements.

Ok. I volenteer to be the chair of this committee and get things organized.

First of all, do we want to discuss this openly on this board or set up a temporary email reflector for passing messages between the committee members.

Personally, I would prefer to use email.

Dick R.
    KC8OBZ

Quote Originally Posted by dcreichenbach
    Happy New Year.

I've contacted Sue and I KNOW that this can be done in a way that will satisfy her requirements.

Ok. I volenteer to be the chair of this committee and get things organized.

First of all, do we want to discuss this openly on this board or set up a temporary email reflector for passing messages between the committee members.

Personally, I would prefer to use email.

Dick R.
    KC8OBZ

Well, You're the 'Boss'. how do you want to do it?

.-.. . - ... / -. --- - / - . . -.. .-.. / ... ..- . / .- -. -.. / .. -. ...- .. - . / - .... ,- - / .-.. --- -.-- .- .-.. / -.-. .-.. ..- -.../

Randy
    formally WB2JGH

2wheelSUV

Hams at Beemerville

I'm a new member of MOA and hope to be present at this years rally.

My new beemer is coming to the dealer next month but won't have any amateur radio (ham) installed untill I get some other basic equipment such as saddle bags, crash bars etc... (I'm developing quite a wish list).

With any luck, I will bring a portable VHF/UHF 2-way and if I have room in my baggage, a low power HF radio.

If an event station is set up at beemerville I will definitely stop by and say hello, and maybe make a few contacts...

See you in July

Jim,
    va3kv.com
    Rockland Ontario, Canada (near Ottawa)
    R1200GS coming soon,...on the road when the snow melts...hopefully in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke
    Please stop and listen, folks.

Nobody should even THINK about asking a group to come into the rally to do this. I will be happy to discuss this on a one-on-one basis.

Thanks -
    Sue

Why not?

How about DARA? Dayton's close to there isn't it?

Bob N5NJ
    Bob Naumann - Plano, TX
    '99 R1100GS - IBA 19100

Clay

Ham Radio

[QUOTE=dcreichenbach]Without committing myself to doing this, I have read on several previous year's rally forums about the desire for a Ham special event station at the rally site. Could I have some ideas on what may be needed to do something like this?

Would be glad to help out with this....

Clay AA3JY
    Kimberton,Pa.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/track.cgi?call=aa3jy-10

How about a rally or callin frequency?

How about we decide on a frequency that we can find each other on?
    Either 2 meters .52 or 440 since some may have 440/FRS radios?

Jeff
    KT2K

Clay

Thumbs up National Simplex Freq--440

I'll listen on 446.000..which is the National 440 Simplex Freq.

What do you need from me?

I have not heard from anyone about what you need from the rally committee. At this point I have a 10 x 10 booth for the HAM Radio group inside one of the vendor buildings.

If you need to be outside, you will be on your own to rent (or bring) a tent / canopy.

Sue
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

dcreichenbach
    Sorry, but on Monday I had some hope. Today I have none.
    I do not have the ability to put on even the minimal plans that I have made. I'm sorry, but this has been one of those years so far.

I plan on using Fred Vobbe's repeater while in Lima. W8HDU is 145.37- 107.2 PL and is IRLP 4102.

I hope to hear all of you in Lima.
    The motorcycle is APRS KC8OBZ-7, and the tracker will be running.

Dick Reichenbach
    Last edited by dcreichenbach; 07-18-2005 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Revise IRLP node number

I should be carrying 2m, 440, and 220 fm.
    Don't currently have a portable HF rig. (and me the QRP guy!!, for shame!!!)
    I'll check the rptr directory for listings in the area and to the south of, which is where I'll be traveling from. If any preference for a 220 in that area, please let me/us know. And yes, I'll volunteer some op. timp for station, either talk-in and/or special event.
    --... ...-- -.. . -.- -.. ....- .--- ...- --.
    Gregg

I will have my HT. I have not gotten it rigged for use on the bike, yet.
    See ya in Ohio.

Diana, N0EGF
    I'm game if you folks are- I'm coming with a sidecar and could haul a fair amount of radio stuff. I have a TEN-TEC 2 and 6 meter multimode transceiver, TEN-TEC Argosy 10-80 meter transceiver, and old Yaesu FT290 multimode 2 meter transceiver, and a bunch of handhelds of course. I could also bring my portable 2 meter beam if anyone wants to work 2 meter DX.

As long as the rally chair has graciously offered us a space I suggest we take her up on it- if we don't have enough of us to keep the station going all day we could just operate when we have folks available.

Diana

10 x 10 tent for you at the rally

I ordered a 10 x 10 tent for the Ham radio / BMW MOA members at the rally.
    The tent supplier will be putting up all of the tents on Tuesday. Whoever is here first who wants to get their equipment set up, please ask for Brian or Sue. We can show you where the Ham radio tent is.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.