Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I would like this to be my first rally

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdave
    However, I know there are a few late sleepers who would like to join in--if only they could open their eyes that early. So, I've thought about having one coffee session at say 9a on Friday just for the LSs. What do you say?
    Dave-

If you set it up, I will be there!
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Brad,

Well, we've probably hijacked the topic, but since this is about the rally, let's continue the tangent.

In past years I've tried to get various interesting people to show for coffee, including favorites such as Mauricio Fernandez, the Brazilian who rode twice in the Paris-Dakar race as a privateer. Mouths were dropping open in Spokane as he described getting airlifted out at night after a serious crash, with the dirt strip illuminated by truck headlights. I've always wanted to get Sandy Cohen (ON Editor) to show up, but she is apparently unawake at 7a. And there are others. You might want to meet Dan and Judy Kennedy of Whitehorse Press, for instance, or maybe Ron Ayres of Ayres Adventures. Name your favorites, and I'll invite them to stand up front and be interviewed.

So, this year I'll request a 9a coffee, followed by a 10:30 skills seminar, on Friday. I'll press Cohen to attend, so we can ply her with questions. Saturday I'll request the "traditional" 7a "Coffee with Dave" followed by a 8:30 skills seminar, to allow folks to participate and then get off to see the rest of the shebang. And no, you don't have to stick around for the seminar just because you accepted the free coffee and pastries (complements of businesses who don't yet know they are going to be involved).

While I will make the requests, the rally seminar organizers have the final say in the schedule. We'll see how it works out.

pmdave

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Heck Dave, I was just looking forward to meeting you. Although the idea of meeting Ron Ayers who started my IB rides would be cool. Andy Goldfine would be cool also.

I'll trust your judgement.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride