Thread: Hauling companies?

Hauling companies?

Does anyone have any experience with motorcycle "hauling" companies?

I'd like to get a sidecar from Oshkosh, WI, out here to Oceano, CA.

No dolly on the chair, but could probably get the seller to strap it down to a standard wooden shipping pallet.

Thanks.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

I used Haul Bikes

from NY to Seattle and back for a sidecar rig. Granted, i wasn't in a hurry, but they did a great job, took care of the bike and rig, and where fair priced.
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

Check with Fed Ex. My bro used them to ship a car & they were reasonable & efficient & delivered it safe & sound.

Check out Pony Express.Shipped my RT from AZ. to MO. He uses a custom enclosed trailer and custom straps that fit my handlebars 4 holddowns.Even wrapped grips with towels before securing handlebars.Oh yeh and he called me several times to update me on his location.Its his bus. and he treats it as such.
    Call Ryan Delcambre 310 409-9890
    PS I get NO kick backs and am not connected...I just feel if U do a good job U should B rewarded.
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!

02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike
    Craig

k2mann

motorcycle hauling companie

I have had great success with Keyboard Carriage Inc., Elixabethtown , KY 42702, (270)737-5797. They specialize in motorcycle transport. Have a special pallet for the cycle. I have shipped 4 bikes from Florida to NH and IL with no problems. Pickup and delivery were on schedule from/to personal homes. Nationwide coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by fvmann View Post
    I have had great success with Keyboard Carriage Inc., Elixabethtown , KY 42702, (270)737-5797. They specialize in motorcycle transport. Have a special pallet for the cycle. I have shipped 4 bikes from Florida to NH and IL with no problems. Pickup and delivery were on schedule from/to personal homes. Nationwide coverage.
    +1, Mine bike is on the way to Oregon as I write this.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    +1, Mine bike is on the way to Oregon as I write this.
    My brother's bike and mine are on a Keyboard transport, making its way to Portland as I type. Flying out Thursday to pick up and meander home.
    MOA #46783
    2014 R1200RT

Last year I shipped the GS and the sidecar (separated) home from San Rafael via Allied.

My GSA is arriving in San Rafael tomorrow and I'm flying out Saturday.

Kirbster919
    I had a rather terrible experience with Federal Transport, which is owned and operated by Allied. Long story short, I tried to ship my bike from IL to Las Vegas. They lost track of the bike, 4 days after scheduled delivery it arrived in Denver and was not scheduled to make it to Vegas for another 7 days. I ended up heading to Denver, riding south (around the mountains) to get to SoCal and Vegas. That extra 900 miles was not fun in December.

Not to mention mauling my bike in two spots, which never was resolved.

The not-so-funny part is that they were one of the most expensive quotes, but seemed like the highest quality, so I went with them. After this mess, they offered me about $150 back, then promptly told me to screw off when I said that wasn't enough.

I'm not bitter or anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Last year I shipped the GS and the sidecar (separated) home from San Rafael via Allied.

My GSA is arriving in San Rafael tomorrow and I'm flying out Saturday.

Not ten minutes after this post I received word my bike and gear were safely delivered to K-Basa's house.

Who's pallet?

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Not ten minutes after this post I received word my bike and gear were safely delivered to K-Basa's house.
    Hi Rob, I have to guess that the company supplied that pallet. It looks slick. Most other transports I have seen use a modified pallet, that looks way better! Call me if you need bail out there. Be careful and have fun, Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

+1 on the Keyboard Carriage Inc., Elixabethtown , KY 42702, (270)737-5797

They brought my bike from CO to IL in the middle of winter, arriving exactly on schedule. There were no problems or damage whatsoever. They have very specialized carriers specifically for motorcycles that work very well!
    Loch Miwa
    Crestwood, IL
    2004 R1150RT

CEXPilot
    I have used Daily Direct to move an Indian from UP Michigan to CT and they were very good. You can look at their web site at www.haulbikes.com.