Thread: Show of hands

Clay

Show of hands

How many would take advantage of a demo ride if a sidecar/trike manufacturer attended, as a vendor, at a MOA rally?

angysdad
    I will not be attending this year, but if a Ural dealer showed at a futur event, I would be in line for a try!
    Careful though, if too many people find out how fun sidecars are, we may become mainstream!!!

Demo rides might sound like a good idea, but if you're not three-wheeler experienced, it's not likely you'll learn much. First, hopping on an outfit for a "test" ride will feel so different from your two-wheeler that you can quickly lose control. Second, even if you're sidecar proficient, it may take a few thousand miles to figure out if you like the handling.

A demo ride on a Hyabusa or V-Max might seem like a good idea to a novice who has never ridden anything bigger than the 250cc course bike, but you can understand why a salesman would be reluctant to make that happen.

Sidecar rigs are that different from bikes.

pmdave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Clay
    True Dave..but the Can Am 'Spyder' demo can take just about a rank beginner out on the road depending on the definition of a motorcycle within that State;ie California.. with only a car driver's license..with little training because of it's inherited stability and less complicated controls..or at least I found it much simpler than my URAL.

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    How many would take advantage of a demo ride if a sidecar/trike manufacturer attended, as a vendor, at a MOA rally?
    I am not sure if I read the question right...it is not an issue of a sidecar manufacturer attending the MOA rally as a vendor - Hannigan has done every year I have been to one - they have to OFFER demo rides

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by ima4nr View Post
    I am not sure if I read the question right...it is not an issue of a sidecar manufacturer attending the MOA rally as a vendor - Hannigan has done every year I have been to one - they have to OFFER demo rides
    As I've been informed there are no other sidecar/3-wheeled manufactures been given the 'OK' by the MOA BOD to allow demo rides at the MOA rally..hopefully that will change in the future..

angysdad
    We once had Triumph come to our regional rally to show off the Tiger. BMW Canada was NOT impressed.

Thumbs up

Rode a Spyder for the last 2 years at Daytona Bike Week. They set up at the race track, get there early and sign up for a demo ride. Helmet, Gloves, long pants, boots, or ATTGAT required. Fun ride. Ride Safe