Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: room availability

There is an Amerihost in Kenton, a straight shot east from the rally site on Rt 309. About 25 minutes unless your twisting the wick a bit more. Also, this puts it kinda mid-point between Mid-Ohio track and the rally. Figured that not too many have looked into the Amerihost yet, maybe.

airhead6

rooms available

My wife locked up a room for us about 20 miles from Lima with some persistance and a request to speak with the Manager.

The same thing happened to us last year at AMA Vintage days. Has anyone stopped to figure out how much money a rally brings to these towns and small cities. Perhaps we should look at towns that want our business.

My wife and I travel a lot with our jobs and rarely have issue yet as soon as we say we are with a motorcycle club or attending a rally we get the run around.

gmac

B&B In Findlay

Last night ( 8 March), I booked a room at the Rose Gate B&B in Findlay, which is about 30 miles north of Lima (at least I think it's north -- I don't have the map in front of me). I found only 3 B&Bs listed for Findlay and the first one I called was full. The Rose Gate has 4 rooms, and 2 are now booked (seems the other is reserved by a BMW type also). Actually, being away from the throngs suits me just fine, though I may rent a car for Friday's Thorogood concert, rather than use the bike.
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

gadgetboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke
    There is no other event that weekend in Lima, so except for family weddings and the ilk, we should not have a lot of competition for the rooms.
    Sue

Sue,
    you are misinformed. I tried to find a room last July and was told just about all rooms in Lima proper were booked because of some event, which I forgot what it was...

Gadgetboy assumes I am misinformed.

Not true, my friend. I have been on top of this for over a year. We are the only game in town that weekend, except for possibly a few ill-timed weddings.... This information is according to the Convention and Visitors Bureau who stays on top of all major events in the area.

The weekend BEFORE our rally there is a Harley Gig, in a neighboring community. Maybe that was what someone told you?
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Talking reception

Has anyone notified the lucky couple getting married to expect an additional 7000 people at the reception ??
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 86k miles
    2013 TW200

Batch Reservation Policy Question

Has MOA taken a position on batch reservations? I heard a rumor that various "in-the-know" people booked a string of rooms (5 -10) with the anticipation that friends of theirs MAY want to use those co-located rooms. Seems a bit unfair (greedy) to lock up those rooms from others who are not aware of this strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif the Lucky
    Has MOA taken a position on batch reservations? I heard a rumor that various "in-the-know" people booked a string of rooms (5 -10) with the anticipation that friends of theirs MAY want to use those co-located rooms. Seems a bit unfair (greedy) to lock up those rooms from others who are not aware of this strategy.
    Leif ---

If it makes you feel any better, none of the local motels would take reservations any longer than 51 weeks out.... So this means that even people who were at Spokane and KNEW the dates and location for the 05 Rally, could not make reservations until August of last year.

But - once that opened, there was a big rush for rooms.

This is one of those areas where the MOA has no say. All we can do is hope that our brothers and sisters do the right thing and not withhold rooms that others might want.

I suspect that there will be more rooms available on July 1 than there are right now.

Sue
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

[QUOTE=Sue Rihn-Manke]Leif ---

...This is one of those areas where the MOA has no say. All we can do is hope that our brothers and sisters do the right thing and not withhold rooms that others might want...

Sue - appreciate your response. I understand that MOA's hands are tied. I'd like to share your hope about members not being greedy re rooms, but I'm skeptical. Anyway, looks to be a great rally - thanks for your work.

johnephlin

Room Availability

Go to post #2 on page one of this thread if you are still looking for a room.