Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: room availability

Garth

Unhappy room availability

Just a heads up for those looking for lodging around Lima, it's kin'da sparse, something about a golf tournament that week.

johnephlin

Lodging

Anyone (Male) looking for a place to sleep, I have a room with two double beds at the Best Western in Wapakoneta which is 13 miles South of Lima, I will be glad to share, I am 77 years young and do not snore, I will be riding in from New Mexico on the 21st leaving on the 24th. Anyone indterested let me know.
    inspnm@juno.com

John

Quote Originally Posted by Garth
    Just a heads up for those looking for lodging around Lima, it's kin'da sparse, something about a golf tournament that week.

Wow, your name is Garth to? I've only ran into one other in my entire life. Cool.

Rooms in Lima

There is no other event that weekend in Lima, so except for family weddings and the ilk, we should not have a lot of competition for the rooms.

However, only a handful of lodging establishments offered us group rates... and most of the others have really increased their prices when they heard we were coming to town. It's the old "Free Enterprise" thing. I ranted all the way the chain with several of these places, with no luck.

So -- words to the wise:
    * Reserve early.
    * EXPECT to pay higher-than-normal prices
    * Look outside of Lima for better prices (Wapakoneta is a short 12 mile ride down the freeway)

We will post the list of motels on the webpage soon. Thanks for your patience, and I wish I could have done more to keep these prices lower. You may also see a list of all of the motels in Lima on the Allen County Convention and Visitors Bureau Web Page.

Lima - Allen County Convention and Visitors Bureau

Sue
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Unhappy BOYCOTT the Comfort Inn

I hope to encourage all BMW riders to boycott the Comfort Inn. These guys had a signed contract with us, guaranteeing us decent rates. The contract was signed by their manager.

After I received a complaint from a BMW rider about ridiculous pricing, I followed up.

NOW the Comfort Inn is claiming they never received my signed document back, so they are refusing to honor the SIGNED AGREEMENT that I have with them... (uhg) FWIW - I signed the document and mailed it back within two days of receiving it.

I would love to see this place stand EMPTY during the rally. Harrumph.

Sue
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Gas up, Ride, Repeat HadABabyItsABeemer's Avatar

Comfort Inn...

I read the message after I had booked a room. The Comfort Inn was the only place we could find that was not sold out.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

Priceline or bust

Hmm, I hope my pal William Shatner can help me again this year.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Suggestion

Make sure to call the hotels/motels directly. The national booking 800 #'s might not show availability, but rooms may actually be available.

JohnM
    "One day you're a kid sitting on a bike, dreaming the road; next thing you know, your social life consists of drinking microbrews with middle-aged roosters who ride BMWs and wear Aerostitch suits."

- Joe Glydon

Quote Originally Posted by YB in IN
    Wow, your name is Garth too? I've only ran into one other in my entire life. Cool.
    Went to High School with a guy named Garth and get this, his last name was Hole! No joke. Garth Hole! Wait, it gets worse, his Dad's name was Arthur Hole! I worked with him and his time card said A.Hole. That's the truth.
    No one teased him becasue he carried this big hammer around all the time for no apparent reason.

JOECUBANA
    After I read a post about sparse rooms a couple weeks ago I started surfing and also booked at the Best Westerm in Wapakoneta. Actually, I had booked at the Comfort Inn in Bluffton first, but then found the BW...Anyway, I just liked the way Wapakoneta sounds!

Joe

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke
    I hope to encourage all BMW riders to boycott the ....
    I would love to see this place stand EMPTY during the rally. Harrumph.

Sue

I WILL SUPPORT, I intend to CAMP at the Rally!

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    Went to High School with a guy named Garth and get this, his last name was Hole! No joke. Garth Hole! Wait, it gets worse, his Dad's name was Arthur Hole! I worked with him and his time card said A.Hole. That's the truth.
    No one teased him becasue he carried this big hammer around all the time for no apparent reason.
    this is the best post i have ever read on this forum. carried a big hammer around... that makes me crack up!

Rooms Still Available

Just note let you know that as a few days ago there were still several rooms available at the posted rate at the Days Inn in Wapakaneeta. You have to go thru the group booking number (800-241-2340), not the hotel itself, and tell them you are with the rally. The group booking is listed under 20 July even though you may not be wanting to stay that night. It took me a week to break the code with them--hope it works OK for everybody else.

Garth

Thumbs up Rooms available near rally

Quote Originally Posted by Garth
    Since I started this thread I thought this might be usefull. From a local list:

I received this from Sue, chair of the National in Ohio this summer.
    Passing it on if anyone is interested:

=============

An early heads-up for you and/or your friends:

Last night I learned that the Motel 6 has approx 30 rooms left for the days
    of the rally. They apparently had them blocked out for the BMW MOA, but had
    not been releasing them to people calling in. (uhg) They were under the
    misconception that I would be calling in the room assignments...... As of
    last night, I released that block.

That being said, there are still 30 rooms available only a very short 1-mile
    from the fairgrounds. They jacked up the price of their rooms for us (so
    thoughtful) so it is not a bargain.... but people who want a room can still
    find one there.

Please feel free to pass this information to your friends, but if they are
    interested they should JUMP. I will post this tomorrow to the Forum.

Rates:
    Wed / Thurs $39 (one guest) or $45 (two guests)
    Fri / Sat $69 (one guest) or $75 (two guests)

Phone: 419-228-0456

===============

Ol salt

Rooms Still Available 2/10

Checked with Econolodge today at 3:30 pm e.s.t
    Still has 12 rooms available
    Phone # 419-222-0596 ask for Patty 8:00 a.m. to 4: p.m.