Thread: Experience with Greater Boston Motorsports?

Experience with Greater Boston Motorsports?

I was recently in a minor accident. The damage is largely cosmetic - cracked/scratched bodywork, a scraped fork, and a good-sized dent in the exhaust tubing - and I walked away with only a few bruises, so I count myself lucky.

Greater Boston Motorsports, in Arlington MA, is the only BMW shop relatively convenient to my house. I use them occasionally for new tires, accessories, etc. They're the most likely shop for the repair work.

I've read a number of reviews on Yelp etc stating how awful their experience with GBM service was, and commenting on their insurance estimate process.

I have faith in MOA members' opinions (more so than random Yelp reviews), so before I hand my baby to GBM for the estimate and repair work, I'm curious about other riders' experience with them. Good or bad? Did work get done on time and within expected cost? Any other recommended service shops in the greater Boston area? Thanks!
    G Spot
    '07 R1200RT
    "Get busy living or get busy dying"
    The 'G' Spot: talesfromthegspot.blogspot.com

Unless they've changed in the last ten years: avoid.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Send the bike to Max BMW in NH. They've got a van to come and pick it up as a regular service. http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

I've not had *bad* experience w/GBM but the shop did not strike me as a place I'd bring my ride to for repair... soooo...

+1 for max... they pickup/drop off to my n.shore apartment... and in an emergency have scooped me up off 93 south around route 60... dropped me off at a t-stop! granted it wasn't the weekend before memorial day though.

best wishes getting things sorted.

-tp
    '11 F800R

Send it to Max

+1 on Max, they are the best in the region and will pick it up for you.

MAX is 110 miles away for me, but the only shop I use.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

Free pick up & Tom's alright. And they get their parts from Max - sometimes cheaper or match price !
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I took the bike to Max's over the weekend, and they couldn't have been nicer. They had no obligation to take time out to put together an estimate for me. But they got me in and out in no time, with an accurate estimate, and a good feeling about having them work on my bike. I'll definitely be going back. Too bad it isn't closer...good people to b.s. with ;->
    G Spot
    '07 R1200RT
    "Get busy living or get busy dying"
    The 'G' Spot: talesfromthegspot.blogspot.com

Just wanted to mention that even the best sometimes have problems. Like my bike which was returned (after Max's 6K service) missing it's fuel cap gasket and cover (#9 & #10).

...not sure what they were doing in there but I sent a note to Tom hoping to sort it out asap.

-tp
    '11 F800R