Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How Long until Delivery.

Remember 1981?

Quote Originally Posted by dwestly View Post
    The first anniversary edition 1200GS just arrived at out dealer here in Tampa...Good looking bike, although the red seat takes some getting used to...now if they would just get their first new Multistrada in...
    The very first G/S came with a "red" seat. I found it distinctive.
    Gar

it's in transit

i was called today with a VIN number and told it was "in transit" - so, i guess i'll have it mid-july

i know it's worth the wait, but it's been frustrating as hell...

looking back, part of the delay was BMWNA's refusal initially to accept the order even after the dealer had called numerous times and i called twice...

then the recall of 120,000 i'm sure caused another delay...

and but of course, the 30th anniversary editions had to come off the line for all those of you that just have to have a "limited edition" model (a couple decals and a red seat with embroidery - woohoo)...

ok, all sarcasm aside it's almost here - i'll miss both major BMW Rally's but then again, i rarely go to them (i don't care for crowds unless i'm at a football game)...

July of this year....?
    MOA #46783
    2014 R1200RT

bunkyone
    Hey all: did anyone notice that the dealer he is using is a multi-brand dealer? I have been told that BMW has "issues" with those dealers who would dirty up there floor space with "off brands". Any truth to this that anyone knows of? Interesting..... Vaya con Dios, Dutch

BMW is happy with any dealer that can "push" their products out the door and order more.

There are many dealers selling BMW motorcycles that are multi-line dealers. Columbus, Ohio has two dealers and both are multi-line. Grand Junction, Colorado was last time I was there - Portland, Or. is - both dealers in Indiana are multi-line, Wooster, Ohio - Sarasota, Florida - Beaver Dam, Wisconsin - Nashville, Tennesse - Los Angeles, California - Barrington, Illinois and there are many, many more.

BMW doesn't care, as long as the dealer(s) in question moves bikes, reorders and pays his account. They and we are way beyond the days of being exclusive for exclusive sake....the goal now is to remain solvent and send money to the mother ship.
    MOA #46783
    2014 R1200RT

the dealer in question is one of the ones you mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by 14348 View Post
    the dealer in question is one of the ones you mentioned...
    Okay
    Last edited by Motodan; 06-28-2010 at 08:26 PM.
    MOA #46783
    2014 R1200RT